GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No snow for quite a while and any that did fall melted within a day or two...now we are in the middle of a winter storm watch, lol. It isnt really bad, this is what I woke up to, but expecting up to 10 inches of snow by Sunday night...better wheel the sucker back into the shed.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Thanks for the weather report, I now know what's on the way down here.

Maybe you just need to put on a Santa Hat, round up some antelope to pull the wing and you can make some Christmas visits to the kids in the neighborhood. :lol: :xmas1:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
ziggystyles said:
No snow for quite a while and any that did fall melted within a day or two...now we are in the middle of a winter storm watch, lol. It isnt really bad, this is what I woke up to, but expecting up to 10 inches of snow by Sunday night...better wheel the sucker back into the shed.

Ziggy,

Are you living in a dealer's trailer lot :shock:? Those double-wides behind your bike look like they haven't been "joined" yet!

I sure am glad I live in South East Texas where we are in the 70's and NO FUNNY WHITE SUBSTANCE :lol: :lol: :lol:!

Merry XMAS!

Shane

·
Registered
19,316 Posts
Rode today with my group it was 79

·
Registered
255 Posts
80 and Great Riding in Southeast Texas as well :D

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Ziggy,

Are you living in a dealer's trailer lot :shock:? Those double-wides behind your bike look like they haven't been "joined" yet!

I sure am glad I live in South East Texas where we are in the 70's and NO FUNNY WHITE SUBSTANCE :lol: :lol: :lol:!

Merry XMAS!

Shane
Maybe those were the result of divorce settlements?

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Gosh it was nearly 80 degrees here today.... think the highest my digital
read was 78.. with sunny skys... we rode to the gun show today... then
went to Sho Gun for a nice japanese lunch.. gosh was it good.. yall can keep that cold white stuff..

cosmic

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
Gosh it was nearly 80 degrees here today.... think the highest my digital
read was 78.. with sunny skys... we rode to the gun show today... then
went to Sho Gun for a nice japanese lunch.. gosh was it good.. yall can keep that cold white stuff..

cosmic
Tomorrow the FJR and I will be heading down HWY 23 to Venture - not sure if that is a GOOD thing or a BAD thing yet :shock:!

Merry XMAS!

Shane

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ShaneStump said:
Ziggy,

Merry XMAS!

Shane
Shane,
Lol, yes those are new double wides. We live in a trailer park and they used to have actually 2 really old crappy ones there about 2 months ago, but they got evicted and moved the trailers out because they didnt meet the new codes that the new management put into place. We are in the first double wide on the property, the house was made in July of this year actually. Heck, we even moved in after they joined the house, but before they were finished joining on the inside with the ceiling and the carpet.

Of course, lol...now we are seriously looking at getting a piece of property, but Im wondering how much it would cost to seperate the house and move it across town, along with the cost of property and getting a cement slab (or maybe even a basement). Hmmmm.
Anybody know how much that stuff would cost? Im starting to look into it here, but Im hearing numbers ranging from 5 - 10k.

We need to get some of you Southern Wingers up here, maybe we can have a 'double wide moving day' next year, lol.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
ziggystyles said:
ShaneStump said:
Ziggy,

Merry XMAS!

Shane
Shane,
Lol, yes those are new double wides. We live in a trailer park and they used to have actually 2 really old crappy ones there about 2 months ago, but they got evicted and moved the trailers out because they didnt meet the new codes that the new management put into place. We are in the first double wide on the property, the house was made in July of this year actually. Heck, we even moved in after they joined the house, but before they were finished joining on the inside with the ceiling and the carpet.

Of course, lol...now we are seriously looking at getting a piece of property, but Im wondering how much it would cost to seperate the house and move it across town, along with the cost of property and getting a cement slab (or maybe even a basement). Hmmmm.
Anybody know how much that stuff would cost? Im starting to look into it here, but Im hearing numbers ranging from 5 - 10k.

We need to get some of you Southern Wingers up here, maybe we can have a 'double wide moving day' next year, lol.
In all seriousness, you should live in the double-wide for 5 years and then sell it to someone who wants to live in the park (DO NOT MOVE IT)!

Unfortunately manufacturered houses only appreciate one way - who ever you purchased it from APPRECIATED you!

But having said that, most double wides built these days are actually built better than many site build homes.

Congrats on the new home & have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Best regards,

Shane

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Hey Ziggy, you from the south or sumptin??? A real "northern'r would have GONE OUTSIDE to take a picture of there bike :wink:

gezz, at least lift the screen :roll: :lol:

The last three weeks around here have been 20°F above normal....... I love warm weather :lol:

unfortunately, I have been so busy with work i have not had time to ride :cry:

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I see a MN license plate on the car.

You are in Wyoming driving on a MN plate still?

:?

·
Registered
255 Posts
J-mac said:
Hey Ziggy, you from the south or sumptin??? A real "northern'r would have GONE OUTSIDE to take a picture of there bike :wink:

gezz, at least lift the screen :roll: :lol:

The last three weeks around here have been 20°F above normal....... I love warm weather :lol:

unfortunately, I have been so busy with work i have not had time to ride :cry:
:D :wink:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
ziggystyles said:

8) Greetings from South Florida. 8)

Ziggy, good thing you didn't buy a "WHITE" Wing, you'd never find it in those white out conditions. :shock:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ShaneStump said:
In all seriousness, you should live in the double-wide for 5 years and then sell it to someone who wants to live in the park (DO NOT MOVE IT)!

Unfortunately manufacturered houses only appreciate one way - who ever you purchased it from APPRECIATED you!

But having said that, most double wides built these days are actually built better than many site build homes.

Congrats on the new home & have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Best regards,

Shane
Hmm, do you have any other suggestions on why I shouldnt move it? I might be missing something since I havent done this before. You are right in that, normally, they depreciate in value. However, the town is going through a big boom and there is a big need for housing and the trailers are actually going up in value. Also...my thinking is that since the values are increasing and it is better to own one that is on its own land...I could buy a large 40 acre plot for 22k, move the house and plop her on there and resell...and in theory...make some $$ doing it. However, Im not looking to make money, but I just want to own our own house and we wouldnt mind having this on our own property either. So Im having lots to think about.
This thing is really well insulated (forgot the numbers, but they it is insulated more that it needs to be, plus has a ton of stuff underneath the trailer for bottom insulation as well). The only downside for us is that the length of the trailer is getting constantly smacked by the wind and we are on rented land which is making it incredibly hard for us to refinance...which is also something we really need to do.

I see a MN license plate on the car.

You are in Wyoming driving on a MN plate still?
DANG IT! Those MN plates snuck back on the stupid car! I told them to stay off!

Hey Ziggy, you from the south or sumptin??? A real "northern'r would have GONE OUTSIDE to take a picture of there bike
The last time I got close to the bike...Santa Bear reminded me who was in charge.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Well, there is plenty of room on the Soggy South Orygun Coast....

·
Registered
9,132 Posts
cptdenny said:
ziggystyles said:

8) Greetings from South Florida. 8)

Ziggy, good thing you didn't buy a "WHITE" Wing, you'd never find it in those white out conditions. :shock:

Hey, hey, hey...I resemble...er, resent that remark!

Bartman

1 - 20 of 37 Posts