GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a weird one happen yesterday. I stopped to wash the bugs off the windshield and front of the bike. I just cracked the faucet open and sprayed and used my hand to clear the bugs. I didn't hit it hard with the water. I moved the bike to the front of the store to go get some coffee and when I shut the bike off the Speedo display didn't go off. The display would come on and then shut down repeatedly over and over. I started the bike and shut it off and and it looked like the closing ceromony was going through the normal shut down but the display would come up with the radio channel odometer etc showing and the clock was up to...and then shut down and come back on...and shut down
After I came out of the store I caught it shutting down for last time....after that there were no other problems.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Something got wet and now it is dry.

I

·
0 Posts
Whatever got wet and caused that ........shouldn't cause that to happen when it gets wet. You have something not waterproof and it shorted out. Best find out what it is. Could be a big problem someday.

Just $.02

Ride safe.

·
Registered
240 Posts
There is nothing at the immediate front to do that unless you got water up the air intakes at the front or over the top :oops:

I would look at the connectors under each glove box

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The connectors are something I'm going to look at when I pull the top and do an air filter change next week. I didn't get any water anywhere on the dash or key area. When I turned on the water I had to wait for the hose to fill and use my thumb to make it spray, but I'll check the connectors. Anybody know which connector controls the display?
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts