1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Isn't that info in the owners' manual?

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Turn key all the way to the right to save on your battery and play around with the mode, enter, and arrow buttons. You can change all the settings and greetings. That's how i learned, the book is a little confusing to me.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Turn the Navi on and turn the key to the right to save power, when the screen comes up and the enter button show up, punch enter.

Now hit Menu, you will see some choices, select Setup/info or something like that. Select that and in the new screen you will see one that actually says ceremony setup, select that one.

Now you have three screens and choices to choose, you can have one or all, and the last one when selected allows you to type in your name, or a short message(not real long, maybe twenty letters?)

Under the screens it is blue or white, just like avoid highways or not avoid highways, you will just have to play with it and go through it a couple times to get it the way you like, I forget whether you select the blue or white mode to allow or dis allow a screen.

Kit

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have tried every combination of button pushing that I can find, including the owners manual, on my '08. Only thing I have been able to do is turn the opening ceremony on, or off.

·
Mad UK Winger
356 Posts
The 06 onward have 4 buttons instead of the earlier 3, after much suffering i found the following so hope it will help others.

Firstly make sure that the opening ceremony is switched 'off' not 'on'.
(set, dim, then choose off, set)

switch the ignition off and back on, there should be no ceremony shown.

ok, now the easy bit :smile:

press set and then dim to show the ceremony on off screen.
press 'trip' and hold for 2 seconds, then press 'info' and hold both for a further 2 seconds, (you are now holding both in), press set and release all 3, you should now see the choice for spec/standard, choose spec.

its pretty straight forward from there on. it will ask to change choose yes, etc etc.

remember to press set at the end before you switch off and on to see your new ceremony or you will lose it again.

good luck all.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 06 onward have 4 buttons instead of the earlier 3, after much suffering i found the following so hope it will help others.

press 'trip' and hold for 2 seconds, then press 'info' and hold both for a further 2 seconds, (you are now holding both in), press set and release all 3, you should now see the choice for spec/standard, choose spec.

its pretty straight forward from there on. it will ask to change choose yes, etc etc.

remember to press set at the end before you switch off and on to see your new ceremony or you will lose it again.

good luck all.
Humungus,
thank you very much.
followed your instructions and succeeded.:bow:
Dan.

·
Registered
248 Posts

good luck all.
Humongus, you are 'The Man' thank you, thank you. Leave it to a fellow Brit...

I've asked the question several times, always been referred to the owners manual. (RTFM) I think was the gist of most of the responses. But today you solved a problem that's befuddled me since I bought the machine brand new out of the box almost 2 years ago. Even calling Honda didn't solve the problem.

At no time (before) did anyone tell me, nor does the manual mention that in order to enter a custom opening ceremony, the ceremony first had to be cycled to the OFF position and SET first.

I just went out and did it first time, thanks again Humongus. Honestly, you're the dogs bollocks as far as I'm concerned.

Not that I'm very impressed with having a little message in my screen, more that I now know that the computer doesn't have a little glitch which I was resigned to live with as it didn't effect anything else, and it avoided having a local 'grease monkey' pulling bits off my beloved Wing.

Thanks again.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts