GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new Nolan N102 and I can't get the flip front to open.

Tried reading the manual but the translation from Italian is less than clear.

And when you open the visor does the side panel pop out ?

TIA

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
All Boots No Saddle said:
I'm looking at a picture... Is there a red or orange button on the outside just in front of your mouth?
The red button in the front does not open until you pull the button below it which is not visible in the picture shown ...

Grab the lower button with your thumb (the button not shown) and pull it, then, when the button you can see in the picture pops forward then squezze both buttons together (kind of like a clothspin) and the face shield will unlock.

Dennis

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dennis. I kept trying one or the other but not both at once.

When you flip up the face shield on mine one side [where the round cover for the face shield connector is] bulges out. It goes back down when you lower the shield.

My N100 doesn't do this and I'm wondering if the shield isn't connected properly.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Bobb Todd said:
When you flip up the face shield on mine one side [where the round cover for the face shield connector is] bulges out. It goes back down when you lower the shield. My N100 doesn't do this and I'm wondering if the shield isn't connected properly.
... most welcome.

Sounds like something is not right with yours.

I have two of the Nolans and neither one bulges when opening or after they are open.
... they are nice and symetrical on both sides.

They come apart fairly easily.
1) slide the cover on the sun shade open (the sliding cover has a little logo on mine), then the sun shade comes off
2) then the "boomerang" shaped side cover comes off (the one that is color matched to the helmet)
3) then rotate the wheel lock about 45 degrees after lifting one corner over the peg
... then remove the wheel lock
... that lock keeps the clear face cover in place.
4) then the clear face cover comes off.

mine works very smooth and without binding or bulging.

I added EdSet's (microphone and headphone) last week and I'm very happy with the whole setup ( EdSet N-Vader )
... I am MOST happy that with face shield down we get ZERO noise through the intercom. The overall sound from the EdSet is very good too.

Pictures of my install here

Dennis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts