GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need your help.

I decided to not buy the Kuryakin Opera lights (The ones that fit above the valve covers). Instead, I bought some LED strips from Autozone.

I heard that the wing is pre-wired for the Opera lights to plug into. Where are these plugs or wires?

I also heard that the LEDs can be wired to be running lights as well as turn signals.... How is this done?

Thanks for your help.

Barry

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The Kuryakyn lights come with a harness that allows them to be used as running lights and turn signals. Most of the add-on lights I've seen that act as turn signals plug into the wiring harness for the rear view mirrors (behind the black rubber boot). If you don't have a made up harness, you'll have to test those wires to determine what runs what and then splice in.
I put in an EC power plate and grounding block so that I can wire all my lights, and other accessories, on independent circuits without splicing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
OPERA LIOGHTS

dkwinger said:
The Kuryakyn lights come with a harness that allows them to be used as running lights and turn signals. Most of the add-on lights I've seen that act as turn signals plug into the wiring harness for the rear view mirrors (behind the black rubber boot). If you don't have a made up harness, you'll have to test those wires to determine what runs what and then splice in.
I put in an EC power plate and grounding block so that I can wire all my lights, and other accessories, on independent circuits without splicing.
THE WIRES YOU NEED ARE ACTUALLY IN THE MIRRORS.
REMOVE THE SCREW ON THE BOTTOM OF THE MIRROE, LEFT & RIGHT, REMOVE THE MIRROR AND PEEL BACK THE RUBBER BOOT.
THE PLUGS THAT KURYAKIN USES ARE HERE!
REMEMBER THE LIGHTS ARE LIT ALL THE TIME AND GO OUT & ON WHEN THE SIGNALS AND OR THE 4-WAYS ARE USED.
YOU NEED TO ALSO FIND OUT WHICH WAY THE ELECTRICAL FLOW IS IN THE :idea:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts