1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Bridgstone tire off E-Bay last year and had it mounted and
I have put 4K miles on it, still looks good....But the date of manufactuer
is in 2001. should I replace it with an up to date tire? after reading about
blowouts on here it makes me a little concerned. Thanks.

·
Chard Member
12,962 Posts
Watch for dry rot and watch your pressure. Wear it out!

It's just my opinion and what I would do. You know what they say about opinions! :wink:

·
Registered
525 Posts
I noticed I have some bottled water with an expiration date of last year. How old does water have to get before it spoils?

T

·
0 Posts
gpick said:
I noticed I have some bottled water with an expiration date of last year. How old does water have to get before it spoils?

Look at it this way--Every drop of water on this planet has been drank an pissed out by some animal or human at one time or another. So I wouldn't worry to much about the expiration date of it. :lol:

Ronnie :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree with Red. One additional thing I would watch is traction. If the tire is too old, it won't be as sticky. If you feel the front drift under pressure in a turn more than it should, you might consider changing it or you could just ride a little less agressively.

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
If it is a front tire it will be the old 707, not the new 709. The 707 was very prone to cupping and was quickly redesigned. Bridestone took a lot of flak over that tire.

I would be surprised if their isn't any sign of dry rotting. Motorcycle tires seem to dry rot very fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts