GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are headed to Knoxville fron Houston in a few weeks. After Wing Ding we will have about 10 days left to take a trip. Thinking about heading North to Maine and riding the Eastern seaboard all the way to Florida and then home.

#2 option was to head Northwest to the Dakotas and Montena and see whats up there.

The wife will do 1,000 mile days with me so thats not a problem. Never been to either parts of the country. Weather may also be a factor. No firm plans just going for a ride.

What do you think?
Kurt :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Probably a whole lot cooler up north than here.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Sounds like a fun trip, be safe and have fun.

·
Registered
425 Posts
WoW. :congrats: Makes me want to retire now!

Well, except for the Wing Ding part. Going to Ktown the week and weekend before, just cause that's where home is. Getting back outta there before the expresso machines, wave back buttons, and crush washer holders get there. But, I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
OH, and I could find 10 days of places to ride in East TN alone. :joke:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Missouri Flooding

If you head north you may want to avoid Mo NE and SD. Anywhere near the Mo river. Too much snow and rain at the head waters and the Corp didn't let enough water out soon enough. I 29 north is closed in many areas so stay to the west if you head north. They say It's going to be like this most of the summer.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
WoW. :congrats: Makes me want to retire now!

Well, except for the Wing Ding part. Going to Ktown the week and weekend before, just cause that's where home is. Getting back outta there before the expresso machines, wave back buttons, and crush washer holders get there. But, I hope you enjoy it.
I see you've been to the Wing Ding before.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Kurt, Go WEST young man It is fantastic Also I will be leaving my home in Blanco headed to Cody, Wy leaving 7/21 be in Cody on 24th staing at KOA till the 29th then Grand Canyon. I can send my cell or call Wes, he has it. Beartooth Pass is a FANTASTICriding road and Yellowstone is close to Cody, but go VERY early in the AM there as it becomes a trafficnightmare. Tom

·
Registered
425 Posts
I see you've been to the Wing Ding before.
Nope, but I've seen a lot of goat ropins (aka dog n pony shows) in my time. Nuff to recognize a tourist trap (aka give me your wallet and go home yankee) when I see one.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Kurt

If you wanna go east PM me. I know a bunch of places you and the wife may want to stop at. :thumbup:
Sweet looking 3 wheeler you have there Fred...can I go for a ride???:shrug:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Head to the Rockies in Colorado, there is plenty to see, the weather is cooler and the ride home is not that far!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts