GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi form Australia,
I need some opinions on accessories, I friend has just picked up his new wing and is looking to buy, rotor covers, should he get kuryakyn or big bike parts, also a luggage rack either the new big bike cnc or kuryakyn and a rack bag. All input welcome.
Thanks
Aussie Bob.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here's a few that I recommend: Kury. ISO grips with throttle boss, cargo keepers from chriscoacc.com, rear speakers, bushtec front fender extension, EC driving lights, and all the chrome you can afford. I have a kury luggage rack, looks good but expensive. Also just installed rotor covers from kury, they look very good. You'll get many opinions on this question, and it comes down to this, how much do you want to spend. I have listed the functional items in order of importance to me.
Hope this helps in the land down under (hey it's summer down there.....I am very envious :D :D )

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn CNC luggage rack and matching bag. I like the looks of it fine and it did make a long trip much easier having the extra room. If I had to do it again I would get the model that is made out of tubing instead, trying to clean around it is a pain in the but and it scratches easily. After one 1500 mile trip while using a brand new bag, the surface has scratches in it and for over $200 I am disappointed.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yellowfever said:
I have the Kuryakyn CNC luggage rack and matching bag. I like the looks of it fine and it did make a long trip much easier having the extra room. If I had to do it again I would get the model that is made out of tubing instead, trying to clean around it is a pain in the but and it scratches easily. After one 1500 mile trip while using a brand new bag, the surface has scratches in it and for over $200 I am disappointed.
Hey Yellowfever, there have been alot of posts recently about Kuryakyn products and their chrome being of inferior quality. You may want to check it out.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Pickin Parts

I purchased Big Bike Parts Rotor Covers with Ring of Fire Installed.

Big Bike Parts absolutely must have hired some drunken Chinese 3rd grader to draw illustrations and write installation instructions..... :evil: However..........Chinese fellers are pretty smart..... Got it working any how :wink:

You know we all ought to come up with our own stinking instructions and post em on this site......... I think Ill do that.......... Ill post one for Ring of Fire.......... see if it kicks off. 8)

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i am pretty stuck on kury as brand. the luggage rack is solid and well made, besides looks real good. iso grips are the first toy on my list when i got my new one. the kury rack bag is very versitile for wharever needs to taken along.

loren

1 - 6 of 6 Posts