GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to change my stock windshield on our 04 1800. I have been looking at the Tulsa and Typhoon. Can anybody tell me what is the difference between the two besides the price? I am wanting the extra tall tinted with vent. I have had a Tulsa on my 1500 and liked it. Thanks for any info you can share....Thanks Larry

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,015 Posts
I've been running a non vented Tulsa on my Wing for the last 5 years now. A friend gave me a new Typhoon tinted with a vent. I like the looks of the tinted windshield better than a clear windshield and wanted a vent, so I removed my Tulsa and installed the Typhoon.

The Typhoon looks like a Tulsa, but it's no Tulsa. The Typhoon is a cheap knock off of a Tulsa and it's quality is inferior to a Tulsa . The Tulsa is optically clear with no distortion. The Typhoon had so much distortion in my line of vision that when corning I thought the Typhoon was dangerous. After for one ride, I took the Typhoon off and reinstalled my Tulsa.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts