GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a silly post, but I got in an arguement with a guy today. We were talking about motorcycles and he swears that there is an episode of OCC where they build a Sunoco chopper. He claimed that they said it was 108 horsepower. I said he must have misunderstood, as I'm sure they said 108 inch.

Can any of you Harley guys tell me what type of horsepower can be expected from a Harley engine, stock or not? Can these things produce one horsepower per cubic inch?

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Are you sure it was a Harley engine? Might have been an S&S or another brand. Possible that it could have 108 HP, some of this big v-Twin aftermarket engines can be pretty powerful. Not an HD brand engine though.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I did watch that episode of OCC and I thought they did said 108 HP, I could be wrong though. I remember saying to my wife that's almost up there with the wing in HP. The engine was a S&S, looked pretty big and had a oil cooler on it. I watched this episode during the week, may be it will repeat on Sat or Sun.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I stand corrected. Guess I'll be buying the beer. Thanks for the input folks.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I know my opinion of their creations wasn't asked for but .......

Handcrafted, unique, expensive, mostly pretty..........Garage Jewelry.:rolleyes:

Whatever floats your boat.:thumbup:

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
New Harley XR1200, 95HP.....

There is a lot of HD motors making large amounts of power, one guy races a old Pan Head.....and wins a lot of races.....
Some of you people need to get you heads out of the sand....:roll:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I remember the Sunoco Bike episode & I think the motor was a Rev-Tech maybe 113 ci or 108 ci 108 hp ?:roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts