GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting together plans for a trip to Orcas Island for the 4th of July weekend and was wondering, for those that have been there, what are some of the must see, must do or goto places you would suggest. Thanks…..

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I am putting together plans for a trip to Orcas Island for the 4th of July weekend and was wondering, for those that have been there, what are some of the must see, must do or goto places you would suggest. Thanks…..
The rock tower at the top of Mt Constitution.Built in the 30's by a CCC crew.An awesome view from there. My grandfather was the foreman of the crew that built it.There may even be some pictures of him and the crew at the bottom.
I've got some pictures,but am having some trouble posting them from this connection.I'll try later from home.

Also Rosario Resort is an old mansion built by a Seattle ship builder that has been converted into a hotel.
http://www.rosarioresort.com/

·
Registered
24 Posts
I guess that means your not going to Mossyrock.

·
Registered
487 Posts
You can say Hello to my sister Linda that works at the Grocery Store in East Sound.
HondaMortch
David

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
You can say Hello to my sister Linda that works at the Grocery Store in East Sound.
HondaMortch
David
When I was a little kid,the store in Eastsound was owned by a fella named Tub McGlinn(sp?). I got the bright idea to steal pop bottles from the back of the store and sell them through the front.My little sister ratted me out and my dad made me fess up to Mr McGlinn.
Tub said to me,"Jeff I thought we were friends".
It was a lesson I have remembered all my life

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so I gotta say hi to someone’s sister and look for a guy named Tub and steal bottles from him…….no problem, it’s an island right…

I knew I count count on people here……что ебешь…lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok, so I gotta say hi to someone’s sister and look for a guy named Tub and steal bottles from him…….no problem, it’s an island right…

I knew I count count on people here……что ебешь…lol
Just don't piss off the folks up there. I might want to go sometime. :eek:4::bow:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
From a traffic standpoint and ferry waits, holiday weekends are a less than desirable choice, and I realize m/c's get preference in ferry loading.

My wife and I honeymooned on Orcas Island some 40 years ago and it holds a fond place in our hearts.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
We did the same thing on the 3rd of july in 1980 :congrats:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts