GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Sierra electronics, this is the second time I bought a new helmet and headset from them, they had about the best price I could find both times.
Arai XD 4 in fluorescent yellow
Last time I bought a IMC headset for $80 and it always worked great until the recent Rockies Gold Trip , the headset still worked fine but I was unable to talk on the cb , the wires coming out of the helmet broke and the way it’s installed make it pretty difficult to fix so I have decided to switch back to a J&M headset which is much easier to just replace the cord in about 1 minute if it fails.
The old Arai XD4 and headset had somewhere between 150,000 and 200,000 of use.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Purchased a pair of Vega helmets as well as a new pair of IMC headsets at Wing Ding. I've used the IMC for the last 5 years without incident. Always liked them in our Bilt helmets but I never knew how much better they could be as in the new snugly fitting helmets. Never loved the way that I had them installed in the old helmets. It was a better fit in the new Vegas. Hanging on to the old sets for spare parts or just to donate to a new riding buddy that's without headsets. That's just what we Texas Wingers do. >:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts