GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed the order for the Wingsoft Large. I bought the whole package, rider, passenger and passenger backrest. I have had John Conley's demo seat for a couple of weeks and I love it. The 2 inches that is sets me back really make a difference and the extra padding is such a step up from the stock seat. I should be picking mine up this next week. :flg:

·
Registered
958 Posts
Your seat is Large now... :) I spent a good 4 hours tonight working on your seat and several others. A little more trimming, and gluing, and it will be on its way to the upholstery shop on Monday.

See ya next week
John

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hay John I have ben looking at your wing soft seat. How can I get a demo seat? Will you be at wing ding in Billings montana

·
Registered
958 Posts
The only way to get a demo seat is to see us in Austin or at a rally. We do plan on being at Wing Ding in Billings. As soon as the details are finalized, we will post it on the website.

John

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
bluewing05 said:
Hey John, are you still working on a heated seat? I know you were looking for a good source of heaters at a good price. Let us Know when you do :)
What he said
The S.O. said I can get the seat mods but would like heat if it is not too $$$$

·
Registered
7 Posts
YES TO WINGSOFT

I met John at the Oklahoma GWRRA rally this past summer. Went the whole route as well, driver, co-rider, both backrests. What a great change for a guy 6' 2", 200. Co-rider loves it as well. I'm just another testimonial for you to consider, but it was a great decision for us.

·
Registered
600 Posts
NewBlueWing said:
I placed the order for the Wingsoft Large. I bought the whole package, rider, passenger and passenger backrest. I have had John Conley's demo seat for a couple of weeks and I love it. The 2 inches that is sets me back really make a difference and the extra padding is such a step up from the stock seat. I should be picking mine up this next week. :flg:
Newbluewing and I went to Austin together to meet John and pick up the demo seats. I must say that literally from the moment I sat on the demo seat, I felt a big difference in comfort. I really like the extra 2 inches for the driver. I guess that this moves the driver's center of gravity too because I felt much more solid on the bike in the twisties. What was really cool was the fact that Newbluewing and I have Utopia backrests on our seats and John just happened to have two demo seats with - you guessed it - Utopia backrests installed. So we got a chance to test drive the same set up we will actually be riding. Now that's customer service! :lol:

John was very professional and a delight to deal with...even when one of my seat bolts about broke his arm as he tried to get it off! :oops: Not only did he put the demo seat on, but when I was talking with Newbluewing about repositioning my highway pegs, out John comes with his wrench and helps me do it. Now that's customer service! :lol:

BTW, I just got off the phone with John and he is making a trip to my area for a class he is taking so guess what? He's bringing my seat with him so we can meet up about 20 min. from my house to do the swap out (he even volunteered to come to my house to do the swap) Now that's customer service! :lol:

But the best thing of all is that I will have my seat for about a week before Newbluewing gets his. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: NOW THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE! :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Just wondering since you tried the wingsoft large with utopia backrest installed how much did that affect the passengers riding space?

·
Registered
123 Posts
John I hope you'll be able to do my seat at Kerrville.
The wife and I are counting on doing it there. :?: :D :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
mnmskydiver said:
Just wondering since you tried the wingsoft large with utopia backrest installed how much did that affect the passengers riding space?
From the website:

With a Utopia backrest, the co-rider loses less than an inch of rear seating area if the Wingsoft passenger backrest is installed. Our passenger backrest moves the co-rider back one inch to accommodate for the additional space given to the driver. Check out our WingSoft Passenger webpage for more details.

·
Registered
392 Posts
jamcgowan said:
Hardly at all...we're talking maybe an inch. The padding is changed on the passenger seat and backrest causing the passenger to sit a bit more upright actually making the seat position better than on the stock seat. Newbluewing's wife indicates that it is MUCH better.
Thanks -- I'm seriously considering the Wingsoft Large and will be the first one in line (hopefully) at the Florida District Rally in March to give the seat a try and ready to buy on on the spot. Like many I want the complete set up to include the Utopia Backrest and my wife has expressed concern about infringing on her space. Can you take your backrest off if/when you choose not to use it?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
John, I too will be looking you up for the mod and a utopia backrest installed at the Florida district rally.

I want to try out your demo! I am 6'5" tall and feel like I am sitting on the dash. My knees are there already!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Passenger space

When my wife got on the bike initially she said there was less room. My wife is fairly small and while she still had plenty of room it was a little tighter. I did also have the backrest leaning back a little farther than normal and after I adjusted it more forward and everything was fine. Hope you can demo the whole package with the backrest so you can be sure it works for you.

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Newbluewing,

Oh, how sweet it is... my seat will be delivered in just a couple of hours. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hey buddy, I'll let you know how fantastic it rides as I get on the bike all this week. Hee Hee... :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

In the midst of my joy and elation, I want you to know that I do feel your pain, and if it will help you, I'll send you some pics to tide you over until yours arrives. Oh, I forgot, you have to ride to Austin to pick yours up. :a13: Hee Hee...

Oh, darn, I meant to put this in a PM. What was I thinking? :wink:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Seat delivered and installed!

Thanks John for the GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jamcgoan

I am happy to report that I picked up my seat last night at John Conleys.

At least now JaMcgown won't have anything else to gloat about :a13:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts