GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has ordered anything (cloths/helmets/etc...) from overseas like Great Britain, and what was the experience like and was the wait to long.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have ordered headlight bulbs and steering head bearings before. Takes about 3 or 4 days longer. Other than that I had no problems

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has ordered anything (cloths/helmets/etc...) from overseas like Great Britain, and what was the experience like and was the wait to long.
I get stuff from the UK all the time I normally have it shipped to my in laws house in London then they send to me via the postal service it is usually quick and reliable to us here in Florida

However if you can find it here in the US it will most likely be cheaper with the exchange rates

Customs are not normally interested in personal shipments either

·
Registered
188 Posts
I get the front pads for my GL500 from England. No issues at all...

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Ordered lots of stuff for my CB400F from England. No issues.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I buy loads of stuff from the UK and no probs for me:bow:

But sometime buying stuff from the US the postage is more than the goods:wrong:

·
Registered
535 Posts
I bought lots of custom chrome parts that were not sold in the US for my Valkyrie. Everyone asks where did you get the parts, they never saw them before. Great buying experience and fast shipping, but sometimes language is hard to understand if you only speak English.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I have bought stuff from across the pond, and always had good results. But like anything else, there are good and dealers everywhere

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I bought a carb synchronizer before I got the wing & had no problems. I think some credit cards have a fee for overseas purchases but other than that I wouldn't hesitate if it was something I wanted or needed

·
Banned
1,912 Posts
I bought lots of custom chrome parts that were not sold in the US for my Valkyrie. Everyone asks where did you get the parts, they never saw them before. Great buying experience and fast shipping, but sometimes language is hard to understand if you only speak English.

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:
Hilarious!!!! Think about what you just said!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I bought a Shark Evoline 2 " Wayer " helmet. The price was the same as if I had bought it here. As some of you know this is a hard to find item in any other size other than XSM. I needed a MD and a company in GB had one. All I had to do was pay $21.00 for shipping. Well it's been in Customs for three days and hope it's released soon.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
did you guys have to pay any more "Customs charges " for importing the item into the US. Again this is a 440.00 helmet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts