GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of a trip to your state and I'd like to know, what are the don't-miss sections of the Oregon Coast?

I'm planning on entering from the east through Lolo Pass and seeing Hell's Canyon, Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Hellens, Crater Lake and working my way to the coast, but don't want to miss the best parts.

For those that know Northern California as well, would I be seeing pretty much the same thing there as Oregon, assuming I stay on the coast all the way down towards San Francisco?

Thanks.....Warren

·
Registered
655 Posts
The wife and I took the California coast from San Fran highway 1 north to 101. Highway 1 is one of the funnest roads I have had the opportunity to ride . Great scenery for the wife and great twisties for me.
We have have been on Estes park Colorado (via Devils Gulch). Cody Wyoming Chief Joseph highway to Bear Tooth Highway. All great rides for my wife with wonderful scenery, and for me awesome elevation changes with lots of twisties.

·
IronMan
17,469 Posts
:agree::agree: LOOK AT MAPS N CHECK OUT SCENIC ROUTES - ON THE 101 OREGON HAS GREAT ST PARKS RITE ON OCEAN - I STAYED AT ONE JUST OUTSIDE OF OLD TOWNE - COULD HEAR THE SEALS BARKING - NEXT DAY WENT INTO HARBOR AND WAS A BUNCH THERE THAT GOT FEED FROM FISHING BOATS ALL THE TIME . IF YA CAN CHECK OUT ZION IF NEVER BEEN THERE ! BETTER THAN GRAND CANYON IMOP. YOU DRIVE RITE DOWN INTO BOTTOM OF CANYON . ALSO IF GOING THRU NATIONAL PKS DONT FORGET TO GET YEARLY PASS - SAVES A BUNCH . GOOD LUCK AND WE'LL NEED PICS OF TRIP :thumbup:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Have ridden from Santa Maria,Ca all the way to Aberdeen,Wa on the coast hwy plus a few side trips. The scenery is great. Try to make it to Crater Lake is a nice side trip too. Oh and watch the wind along the coast too as it can get pretty strong. I did my trip in July and didn't run into any rain the whole time.

John

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
To or from Crater Lake, 138 is one of the nicest roads I have ever ridden as far as beauty and wondering turns that follow the river for miles.:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts