GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a new or used original Roady complete with antenna and power lead.

I let mine go with the last bike and now find they all use a cradle.

A Roady 2 may do the trick if the form factor is the same and it can still drive the audio input of the stereo. Don't want to use the FM transmitter.

Plan to drop it in the left pocket and leave it on channel 17. Just too hard to mess with using gloves.

Anyone have an idea where I may find one?

Thanks
Don Swanburg

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I just took an original Roady off the bike - been there for three or four years and 60,000 miles. You can have it for the postage - I put on a Garmin 2730 which has the XM built in. Has the cradle, antenna, power plug, and was working when I pulled it off the bike. But I stole the fuse out of the plug and put it in the cell phone charger. I would guess postage woud be about $4 or $5. But you can get a Roady XT for $20 brand new off ebay - and until today, you could get a $20 rebate. Your call.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Harry.

Give me a day or two to check out the XT. I need to check out the form factor and see if it uses a cradle, or is the same as the original.

I'll get back to you.

Don Swanburg

·
Registered
589 Posts
Don Swanburg said:
Thanks Harry.

Give me a day or two to check out the XT. I need to check out the form factor and see if it uses a cradle, or is the same as the original.

I'll get back to you.

Don Swanburg
It uses a cradle that everything plugs into, then the XT just sits down in it with contacts on the bottom of the XT. The antenna wire, aux input are the same size as the orginal Roady&Roady II however the power connection is smaller.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts