GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that the front fender of my 2012 GL1800 felt rough when I went to wax it. I took it to the dealer and it seems that Honda forgot to clear coat the fender after painting it. Has anyone else had any similar complaints? Update on this post as I have read some of the replies - my point is that the front fender is the only piece that is missing the clear coat - the rest of the machine is perfect. My Honda dealer, my trike dealer and the guy that detailed the rest of the bike all say it the rest of the bike a clear coat!! My question was whether anyone else ran into this type of issue?

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Beginning in 2012, Honda began clear-coating the wheels and stopped clear-coating the painted parts. Odd. Very, very odd.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Surprise! There is no clear coat on the 2012 & up.......

Sent from iPhone
That's news to me. I have heard of the 2012 F6B having a single stage in one of the colors (can't remember if it's red or black).

My 2013 sure looks like a base coat/clearcoat system but the paint does scratch easily.

Another interesting note. Part for part, same color, the painted parts between 2012 and 2013 are almost double in price for some reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts