GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellow Wingers,
Any chance any of you have had an opportunity to try out the new 2004 Shadow Aero 750 with shaft drive? Share your expereince perhaps?
Seriously considering one for the Better Half after she grows out of her 250 ( which will be very soon). THX!! :wink:

·
Registered
16,852 Posts
Interested too. Got a son graduating HS this spring and maybe that would keep his grubby paws off'n my Wing! Haven't even seen one yet.

prs

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey PR,

Picked up a brand spanking-new one from Mauricio at Honda Directline in Miami this past weekend and rode it back up the coast to JAX Beach..... about 320 miles. Obviously got the best deal there (by a lot) or I wouldn't have traveled that far!
What a HOOT!! :)
It was a DEFINITE change from the Wing allright. Most noticable was the exhaust rumble and the engine vibration. I haven't ridden a V-Twin in over 30 years and I forgot what they sounded/felt like.
Just wish it had a better cruising range.......... 115 miles and I was grabbing for the "reserve" tank!
No problemo doing highway speeds; 70 -85 was not an issue.
Seat leaves a lot to be desired, but I didn't expect a "Gold Wing" seat either.
All in all, a fun bike to ride :D ........... I've ridden it to work for the past 3 days. I heard my Wing whimpering this morning, so I opted to take her out today instead! :wink:

This bike would be an excellent choice for your son IF he's not into a lotta speed. This bike is NOT a record-breaker off-the-line. I SINCERELY doubt that this bike ever even THOUGHT about pulling a wheely in first gear! :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts