GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the nonmotorcycle-related post (well, some of the pictures were taken while I had a motorcycle). My daughter handed me a bunch of 110 color negatives and asked if there was anyway I could get them digitized in some format for a CD or DVD. I was able to capture all of the 35mm shots with my Minolta DiMage 5400, but can't find any way to do the same with the 110 negatives.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
You Can use the negitives on a Scanner (adapter) for Film. Google- Negitives to pc and you should get some hits.

·
Registered
582 Posts
take them to Walmart and tell them you would like them put on a CD.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried Wolf's and Wal-Mart - neither who said they could do it. I Googled quite a few different words - I'll try the ones you've suggested. Thanks for the help.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
MesquiteBob said:
I've tried Wolf's and Wal-Mart - neither who said they could do it. I Googled quite a few different words - I'll try the ones you've suggested. Thanks for the help.

Mesquite Bob
I have an Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner and it does negatives. If you wanna mail them to me, I'll scan them to .jpg for you and mail them and a CD back. Just include enough for return trip postage and you can send me back whatever you feel is fair.

How many are we talking about and what size. With the limited size of the 110 negative, even though I can scan above 1200 DPI, the end result should be a 3x5 that looks pretty good. Going any larger may result in inferior quality pictures.

If you wanna mail me 1 negative, I'll scan it and then post it for you to see the result before you let go of your treasures.

Matthew Caswell
11234 E Pronghorn Ave
Mesa, AZ 85212

www.thesabrehood.org
www.thecaswells.net

·
Registered
850 Posts
My Daughter works at a RITZ (also known as KITZ or Camera World) camera shop and she says you can scan an entire roll for about 6 dollars and they will be placed on a cd. you can have them scanned in TIF or JPEG.

DJ

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Matt, thanks a million for the offer. I'll check out Ritz (think we've got one around here somewhere) before I take you up on your more than welcome offer. I have around 45 negatives. I checked the outfit in Arizona and they want $1.79 per negative, which would amount to around $80.00. I'd pay that if I had to, but prefer not to.

I scanned 54 35mm slides in already, and using my Minolta DiMage Elite 5400, it takes roughly 5 minutes per slide at highest resolution using ICE and cleaner technology. I've already put these on a CD and sent them to my daughter and am copying the ones that keep the correct aspect ration into Premiere to make a short ( 4 1/2 minute) movie with music, transitions, etc. The shots were too large to put into Photostory (would have had to reduce each of them).

Thanks again for all the suggestions, and Matt, stand by, I may take you up on your offer if I can't find anything locally.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
466 Posts
Bob,

Give these folks a call:

Garland Camera & Repair Shop
2411 N Galloway Ave Ste 127
Mesquite, TX 75150
972-613-4777

1 - 9 of 9 Posts