GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guy's that have had something similar.....

On the night of the 14th/15th of November I fell and dislocated my shoulder, also breaking the ball. I'm still in a lot of pain, particularly in the muscle of the bicep.

Is that pretty standard after more than a month?

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
ddking said:
It's been 4 months since I broke my ankle and I still have some pain. Maybe some of the board's MDs will respond.
no MD here ... just many broken bones ...

on avg, take about a year for the "daily" pain to go away;
after that you either stop noticing it or it only hurts when the weather changes.

tendons take longer than bones.

Dennis

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I've dislocated my right shoulder 4 times and torn the rotator cuff once.
Depending on how it heals and how much arthritis you develop, you'll have good days mostly but some bad ones.
I can tell when a cold front is coming by the throbbing in my knees, elbows, and shoulder.
But, at least my hands and ankles hurt too. So it evens out.
BTW, arthritis meds have messed up my stomach and complicated my asthma.
Sucks to get old.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
You have my empathy...I had shoulder surgery over two years ago, and I hate to tell you this, but it still bother me a lot...all I can offer is that you do physical therapy, alternate ice and heat, and slowly slowly increase your use of it...here's hoping you heal well...
and what ABBill said...watch out for the NSAID's...they will eat a hole in your stomache...also worsened my COPD (asthma+)...stick with the good old fashioned pain remedies...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I broke my shoulder in almost the same way in 1980 I still feel it every once in awhile. You get used to it. I took a poll at work one day that is supposed to catalog your pain.... according to that poll I am supposed to be in the same pain as a woman in childbirth to which my wife who has given birth twice told me I was full of something that started with S!!! :lol:

·
Registered
323 Posts
I went down Mar 21 and the major damage was to my left ankle. I spent till the first of Sept. before I got back on a bike. 5 months. I still fight swelling and I will do some limping if I do too much with the leg. Doc says that it is all part of the process and that I could fight it for over a year. 9 months after the crash I am grateful that it is probably around 80 percent recovered.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Speaking of childbirth....I ask a woman one day what childbirth really felt like. Her reply was....take your lower lip and pull it over your head!

I got that picture!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts