GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You've already seen several pictures and heard some wild exaggerations about some parking lot activities that took place while attending the HDL BBQ.

Well, I just recently found some pictures on MoonShine's web site (similar to Killboy) that show that I didn't spend my whole time in the parking lot. Of course, as you can see, I brought the cooler along in case Hedo got thirsty.

You'll also want to notice that I did take the umbrella down while riding through the Gap. :wink:

Notice in this picture I proudly display the GL1800Riders.com sticker on the back of my trailer. There's also one on the back of my bike. Both compliments of Hedo.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
STEALTH CRUISER said:
CJ it looks like the trailer coupler is about to come off the ball.Maybe just an optical illusion.
Mark - No problem...........

The photos were taken around 10:30 in the morning---we had just stocked the cooler with a case of Corona @ 9:00 and there were only 4 missing. We still had plenty of 'tongue weight' for a few more hours of riding.... :wink: :wink:

Great photos, CJ !!

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
CJ
Please take a close look at the hitch and ball in the third shot.

It looks like the hitch is sitting on top of the ball and with the rotating coupler, appears to be ready to come off.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Man, does that ever look like the hitch is just sitting on top of the ball. If I was a betting man just looking at that picture I was say there is no way the hitch is hooked onto the ball. Very interesting. Whe do the rest of you think that looks like???

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trust me guys, the hitch was securely attached. With the swivel on my hitch and the very undercut ball I have, the coupler can rotate quite a ways, as you can see. I've noticed and checked this condition on a couple of occasions.
Thanks for noticing.

FYI The arrow points to the GL1800Riders.com decal on the back of my bike.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
The pinch fork is in the shadow but certainly appears to be above the ball and aimed upward toward the front instead of the fork under the ball and aimed down toward the front.

Still and all, DJ was there and I was not.

If that was my coupler, the clamp would be on top the ball. Also the top of the ball misses being concentric with the sphere fo the coupler by over half an inch.

In any case, I am very tickled it was a non incident.

I pulled a 20 foot trailer with 10,000 pounds of powered wheelchairs and batteries to Orlando with our van several years ago to a trade show. When we got there, I went to unhitch the trailer so we could go to the hotel and discovered that who ever hooked up the rig had used a 2 inch ball and the trailer had a 2-5/16 coupler. That was in the days when I 10 had those bone jarring expansion joints and any one of them could have bounced the trailer off the ball.

One of my constant fears while riding is that someone will lose a trailer coming toward me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts