GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions about the CD controls and inputs. Can the input directly take the out put of another device, such as a MP3 player?

Do the handle bar switches operate through the wiring located in the trunk.

Has any one other than Electrical Connections, used the circuits for other functions?:rolleyes:

Thanks

·
Vendor
21,428 Posts
I have some questions about the CD controls and inputs. Can the input directly take the out put of another device, such as a MP3 player?
No, not by itself. It takes some special handshake signals for it to acknowledge something is connected.

Do the handle bar switches operate through the wiring located in the trunk.
No. Again, it is all controlled with digital logic signals from the audio unit. It's not as simple as just an on/off switch.

Has any one other than Electrical Connections, used the circuits for other functions?:rolleyes:
Not to my knowledge. There was a German company that had a high priced Ipod interface, but I think it was pretty much the same one EC sells, only theirs costs a LOT less than the German one.

Your welcome.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fred; I was afraid of that. But hoped some one had decoded the interface and it was shared some where on the web.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts