GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't said a whole lot about my diet, but our Goldwing will appreciate the change. I started on my diet, on Feb. 23rd, at a whopping 310 lbs. Well it's 47 days later(Sat. 4/11), & I'm down to 274 lbs., i.e. 36 lbs. lighter. I've dropped 3 pant sizes, & 2 shirt sizes so far. I still have a long way to go, but I'm going in the right direction. My first goal, was to drop 35 pounds by Easter, now my ultimate goal is to get down to 195, before Christmas. I'm doing it with the help of Slim~Fast, & just counting calories. I'm eating about 1,200 calories per day, & walking at least 1 mile a day. With all this weight loss, I can add more chrome, & LED's to the Wing. ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Way to get=r-done! 1200 CAL isnt much do you find at times your blood sugar is low? physical activity is the key to weight loss , keep the hard work my friend!

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
Congrats on your progress. :congrats: I lost 40 lbs myself last year and now weigh what I did when I was 22. My knee's feel so much better. I did it by eating fruits, grains,nuts, and vegetables, with lean protein, fish and chicken. I eat 4 smaller meals a day and never feel hungry, except maybe sometimes at night before bed and then I wait for breakfast and I always eat breakfast. Get your fat intake from vegetables sources like nuts and olive oil, not animal sources....and don't eat at night. I walk four miles a day, at least three times a week..the dogs love it.... and I do some weight training a few times a week. It's really not that hard to get into shape if you just chip away at it a bit everyday.

·
Registered
429 Posts
:congrats: for your success. This is not easy:bow:. I also lost 40 lbs last year but unfortunately I found the lost during holidays… :eek:4:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Dangit. Didn't you know weight is never lost, it just transfers to someone else. I been gaining, so I wished people would quit losing. Congrats!

Herb

·
Registered
747 Posts
Congratulations.....There is no doubt that a whole bunch of medical problems go away with the weight loss. Slim-fast is an OK way to lose the weight, but sooner or later, you will have to get back to eating regular food. Now is the time to start thinking and reading about what works. I believe in a balanced diet(no adkins). May I suggest a book: The Doctors Book of Food Remedies. Its a lot of reading, but it works. One very important thing to consider is that you are not on a diet; you are entering a new lifestyle because you can not go back to what put you where you are again. Ten years ago, I was very heavy and was able to lose the weight by eliminating sugar, fats,alcohol, and a big reduction of red meats. Those items are replaced with fruits, vegtables and lean meats. A glass of wine is OK also. Also a very good exercise plan is very helpful. Muscle tissue burns calories faster than non muscle tissue. I'm 5'9" and now weigh 170 pounds and work out 4 days(2 cardio/2 weights) per week Once again, its a new lifestyle that never changes. Good Luck

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
:congrats:

10 lbs = 1 Horsepower
Your bike is more powerful
You look better
You will live longer
Ride Longer
When you get to your goal
And you will
It will be quite an accomplishment:bow:

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I haven't said a whole lot about my diet, but our Goldwing will appreciate the change. I started on my diet, on Feb. 23rd, at a whopping 310 lbs. Well it's 47 days later(Sat. 4/11), & I'm down to 274 lbs., i.e. 36 lbs. lighter. I've dropped 3 pant sizes, & 2 shirt sizes so far. I still have a long way to go, but I'm going in the right direction. My first goal, was to drop 35 pounds by Easter, now my ultimate goal is to get down to 195, before Christmas. I'm doing it with the help of Slim~Fast, & just counting calories. I'm eating about 1,200 calories per day, & walking at least 1 mile a day. With all this weight loss, I can add more chrome, & LED's to the Wing. ;)
I proud for you. I know exactly what you're going through. I went from 300 to 205 in 1-1/2 years and from a 56 waste to a 38. I've got lots of cloth to get rid of.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Congratulations! I'm sure you feel better and you will be healther!
Keep up the good work..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Great jOB WinNut...!

6 Springs ago, I dropped 23 lb. by doing the low-carb thing and walking during the day (at work). It took me all 6 years to put it all back on. But this spring I am retired, and I just sent my seat to Russell Day-Long and it will not return until after the 1st of May. So, - -

In the mean time it's me and the recumbent Bicycle. So far I'm down 8 lbs, and I have a goal of another 10 to 15. That will put me back at around 210 or so. Just had a minor sinus surgery, and have to stay of the recumbent for about 5 days (DRAT!!!)

But, hopefully by mid June I will have it all back off. It takes some serious will-power and I find all I need to do is cut out ALL of the sugar that they seem to add to every danged thing they sell...!

Fresh fruit (a NATURAL sugar) meats, exercize and it falls off pretty quick. I don't even have to count calories, just drop the damned SUGARs!!!!

Again, great job and you'll be AMAZED how much better you feel and how much your stamina while working around the house will improve...

Dan in Indiana.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
good going verdayne

remember, every dollar saved on food, converts directly to leds

now there is an incentive

·
Registered
931 Posts
We are proud of your wanting to lose weight & you will be a healthier person. :congrats:

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Good Job!!

I also am losing some weight.
In December I hit 275,the heaviest I have ever been.
I decided to start losing weight Jan 1,and am now down to 252.
I figure on losing an average of one pound per week until the end of the year.
That should put me right around 225

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Way to go, loose that weight. I finally listened to my Dr last yeat and lost 35 lbs. I went from 4 diabetes pills a day to ONE. I'm working on getting it down to none. Sensible eating and exercise is the key to loosing weight. I know you feel much better and have much more energy. Just think of carring around a 40 lb sack of fat all the time then getting to toss it.

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Congrats Verdayne, I've managed to drop down 15 lbs since Christmas.

Brad

·
Registered
373 Posts
:congrats::congrats::congrats:

Great job. Don't get discouraged if you hit the wall for a while. I've gone from a size 54 down to a size 48. It's hard work and my thoughts will be with you as we fight the battle!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Great job and I hope the best for you.:bow:

Losing weight is the hardest thing in the world to do. I went from 280 down to 233 a few years back, but unfortunately it all came back. 1200 cal. is like eating nothing, been there done that.

Good Luck with your diet.:cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts