GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally come to grips that it's going to take a lot longer to heal than I first thought.

For those who don't know - July 16th 2008 I was hit by a drunk driver while I was on my way home from work on my 07 Goldwing. Short version - I spent 3 months in hospitals. Three weeks of that in a coma.

Thankfully, and with a lot of work, and rehab I can get around using one crutch, but I still have nerve damage and lots of pain in my left leg, and right hand. Robin (my wife and best friend) and I both hated the idea of going an entire summer without the feel of the wind and sun on our faces.

So we decided to get a Pontiac Solstice GXP. After a lot of searching we found a fully loaded 2008 dealer show car! This baby has ALL the bells and whistles. Every option that was offered for a 2008.

Anyway - Here's what she looks like except ours is called "Brazen Orange". And as everyone knows orange is the fastest color! I'll post pictures of ours when I can.

Even though we don't have a 'Wing - Can we still ride with you all? At least until I'm whole and hale enough to ride either two or three wheels?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Come on down and let's roll!:thumbup: Time to heal will pass faster when your having fun.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Good looking car!! I liked those the 1st time I ever laid eyes on 'em! It's not a yellow GL1880, but not bad at all. Wishing you all the best on your recovery!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Its about the same size as a Goldwing you can ride with us anytime Doug. Glad you are healing slowly is better than not at all.

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
That is Great News :congrats::congrats::congrats:

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ya'll - your responses mean a lot to us!

When I can get control of the nerve pain (like walking with road rash on the bottom of my foot on rock salt while fire ants chew on my leg - ouchy!) we want to make a trip to

Wichita Falls Texas.

To visit our daughter in the Air Force.

·
Registered
374 Posts
You must really love your kid to make a trip there to see her; but at least it will make you appreciate going home.:joke:

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Glad to hear you are taking the high road. It would be so easy not too..

Hope you enjoy the Pontiac. I think it is a sharp automobile.

Good luck and keep healing...

·
Registered
20,952 Posts
Riff it is GREAT to hear you are making such good progress !

·
Registered
143 Posts
Even though we don't have a 'Wing - Can we still ride with you all? At least until I'm whole and hale enough to ride either two or three wheels?

All of us would be proud to ride with you, Doug. Be that on 2, 3, or 4 wheels.

:congrats: on your new wheels.

Tim & Susan

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Your ride is simply called a "Parallel Wing". Best wishes on your recovery. That's #1 priority.

·
Curious Member
877 Posts
Riff Raff,

Great choice of new ride. I've been looking at them too.
Glad you are doing "well".

(Will pull out my Video of Rocky Horror Picture Show later to see if there is any resemblance)

:congrats:

·
Registered
210 Posts
That's GREAT - Hang in there and you'll be on 2 wheels again !!!!!!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Doug,
Beautiful ride. Best of luck with that Poneyack, & the best part is.....no helmet required. But just to start things off; what kind of oil are you going to put in it?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I ain't gonna tailgun that thing.:thumbup: Sure glad things are progressing for you Doug. Remember the gatherings are as much in the parking lot as the rides. Often better.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
like walking with road rash on the bottom of my foot on rock salt while fire ants chew on my leg
I don't care who you are....that has got to HURT like HE-double hockey sticks!! :eek:

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
It's great to see things are getting better for you guys! Drive On......

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
WF

Riff Raff, if you make it down to Wichita Falls, let me know, I am only 60 miles from there, would like to meet you in person. I will let you look at "your" mufflers on my 01. :lol:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Doug, you've got a great attitude about things. I'm glad to see you are not letting this get you completely down. The car should help while you continue to heal up. We are all looking forward to seeing you on two wheels again.
Wayne

1 - 20 of 47 Posts