GL1800Riders Forums banner

Our Goldwing Replacement

4K views 46 replies 44 participants last post by  Sage 
#1 ·
I've finally come to grips that it's going to take a lot longer to heal than I first thought.

For those who don't know - July 16th 2008 I was hit by a drunk driver while I was on my way home from work on my 07 Goldwing. Short version - I spent 3 months in hospitals. Three weeks of that in a coma.

Thankfully, and with a lot of work, and rehab I can get around using one crutch, but I still have nerve damage and lots of pain in my left leg, and right hand. Robin (my wife and best friend) and I both hated the idea of going an entire summer without the feel of the wind and sun on our faces.

So we decided to get a Pontiac Solstice GXP. After a lot of searching we found a fully loaded 2008 dealer show car! This baby has ALL the bells and whistles. Every option that was offered for a 2008.

Anyway - Here's what she looks like except ours is called "Brazen Orange". And as everyone knows orange is the fastest color! I'll post pictures of ours when I can.

Even though we don't have a 'Wing - Can we still ride with you all? At least until I'm whole and hale enough to ride either two or three wheels?

See less See more
#2 ·
Come on down and let's roll!:thumbup: Time to heal will pass faster when your having fun.

#3 ·
Good looking car!! I liked those the 1st time I ever laid eyes on 'em! It's not a yellow GL1880, but not bad at all. Wishing you all the best on your recovery!

#6 ·
Thanks ya'll - your responses mean a lot to us!

When I can get control of the nerve pain (like walking with road rash on the bottom of my foot on rock salt while fire ants chew on my leg - ouchy!) we want to make a trip to

Wichita Falls Texas.

To visit our daughter in the Air Force.

#7 ·
You must really love your kid to make a trip there to see her; but at least it will make you appreciate going home.:joke:

#15 ·
Doug,
Beautiful ride. Best of luck with that Poneyack, & the best part is.....no helmet required. But just to start things off; what kind of oil are you going to put in it?

#19 ·
WF

Riff Raff, if you make it down to Wichita Falls, let me know, I am only 60 miles from there, would like to meet you in person. I will let you look at "your" mufflers on my 01. :lol:

#20 ·
Doug, you've got a great attitude about things. I'm glad to see you are not letting this get you completely down. The car should help while you continue to heal up. We are all looking forward to seeing you on two wheels again.
Wayne

#23 ·
Good car. Great attitude ! Do what the Doctors & Therapists tell you to do and it won't belong before you will be shopping for another GoldWing.
Good Luck
Ken

#24 ·
I had the privilege of meeting Doug, his wife Robin, and his daughter this past weekend when I made the trip from Michigan to WV to pick up the Uni-Go trailer. I also got to look at his new car up close and personal - pictures do NOT do that car justice! Doug has got a beautiful car, but more importantly he's got a great and wonderful wife, daughter, and his spirit is exceptional.

Although we only met for a very brief time I was impressed with him as a unique person who is determined to push through the pain he is currently enduring and to recapture his love of life and all the joys that he can provide to his family.

Thanks Doug for a opportunity to spend some time with you and your wonderful family. :thumbup::thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.