GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

What do you think of the new board?

• I am very happy with the new board.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am fairly happy with the new board.

• I am not happy with the new board format at all !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious as to how everyone is doing with the new board. I like the functionality of the new board, as well as the possibilities and speed that it runs at.

Only change that I would make, is in the classifieds. Once an item is sold, there should be some instruction/procedure for the seller to cancel the complete thread.

Otherwise this is a pretty nice place to hang out!

Bulldog<--Happy Camper

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah, I like it. Of course I liked the old one too.

I think it's more the people we're hangin with than the type of board that makes this a great place.

Thanks Hal & LaMonster

:rat: Bake

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
:)
This bb is faster than the old one. The one thing I have found is that I don't spend as much time on it as I did on the older board simply because it is more time consuming to go through.
As with all things we accept them and become accustomed to it.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
I like the speed of it. Sure is nice to see some of the faces too. Some day I'll put my mug up there too.

G

·
SUPERB!!!

Hi Luth and Meesh Lady... I sure hope you both are well. Thought about you both a bunch since the snow started falling back there. Hope you manage ok.. I am sure you will. We, out west here, have had a warm spell come through. Had some rain/snow mix today but it has really been warm. We sure need the rain up in them thar hills.

Got Grandpa buried in Utah the other day after services earlier in the week. I had my family in town staying with us for some time and it is now quiet again. Everything we did and people we saw along with relatives and Grandpa's long time friends was tough but we are back home now and trying to get back in the swing of things. Sure appreciate your words along with Gary and Mikey's. They are such neat folks. I noticed their new picture on their posts. PERFECT selection to show others who they are. I need to get a mug shot up there of me. For now the bike will do.

Regarding the board? I like it a lot!!! I get to view whatever I please and see what is new. Of course it takes some getting used to but I feel the ol' boy did a superb thing here. LaMonster is some guy! Knows his S**FF (fooled ya) when it comes to computers and such. What I like is the way you can tell the board to "mark all as read" so you don't view the same ones over and over again. Everything I find is very speedy and nice for my purposes.

Be well my friend

8)

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I hated the old board

just the board, not the people I monitor 2 hvac boards and 2 motorcycle boards and the old board was THE abosolute slowest board I've ever been on (and I got road runner)

I love this new board, it's speedy like my candy red

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
New board - GREAT!

I think the new board is great! It is better to navigate ...

Road Runner

·
Registered
264 Posts
I, too, like the new board. It does take some getting used to, but once you figure out how to navigate around it, it's great, and like others have said, it's not the board, it's the people that make this place what it is!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I think most people are resistant to change, especially as they get older. This new board took a while to get used to, although the format is the same as several others I've used.

I do think the addition of the temperature gauges and other images have slowed it down already. Many times on the old board I would skip over the posts that included images just for that reason. With the new board, you don't have that option.

Still, I appreciate the effort to build and maintain this new format.....keep up the good work :D

And by the way, I buy through HDL just to insure this board stays alive and well!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
New Board

The only thing I miss from the old board is the ability to tell which subject post contains a photo before clicking on the subject. But it's not that big a deal and the new board is much easier to read and appears to be much faster.

·
Registered
21,099 Posts
by looking at the poll results to me it looks like nearly unanamus acceptance of the new board but weather that is actually accurate,we have not and probably will not here from the majority. The new board sure does have some nice features, all those little boxes to click on with nothing to explain what they are for may be overwhelming to many that are not normally comfortable around computers,the old board was more basic which helped make it popular for many. I still miss the old board but that will probably go away as I become more accustomed to the new board. I am sure Lamont will continue his efforts to make the board even more enjoyable, thanks Lamont and everyone else who shares thier tips to make things work better. :yw1:

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
I think this board is awsome

:1st: :yw1:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
New Board

I really like the new board as well. I just got into Islamabad and logged on to the board using a 28.8 dial up service. Still loading fast using local land lines.

BTW, IBMIKE, sorry I missed you when zooming through Abu Dhabi. I got in late last night your time and left early this morning. Arrived Islamabad at oh dark thirty. I figured you wouldn't be happy if I got you out of bed. :mrgreen: Heading out Thursday morning for my new home in the desert. Man, am I tired!! :shock:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Very Happy

Very Happy with the new board. Sorry that we lost all the old info from the old boards :( but everyone has been great about restating the requested info :D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I am not happy with the new board. Where is the area
I submit questions? I don't see an area to contact the
web dude? Hey, wanna know how it is you can read
all of my writing, Plus see the area to the left where
there could be a picture? I hit the enter key after the
line goes out to a certain point. I never had to worry
about that with the old board. :?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts