GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what a lot of you have been asking for. A lower stock seat so you get more of your foot on the ground. We took a different route than most companies on this and we are pretty happy with the results. We didnt want to compromise comfort for lowering so we use the same Wingsoft insert as our large and regular seats. We modify the seat by removing excess foam from the sides between the seat pan and the base of the factory foam. This allows your legs to extend more across the front of the seat, and get better footing.

Many people want to flat foot the ground, and for some that just isnt possible. The physical size of the bike, and the width of the seat pan are limiting factors when it comes to how far you can be lowered. Our modification allows your legs to extend about an inch lower, and thats is very noticible based on the feedback of our test riders.

By using our standard WingSoft insert we feel you get the best of both worlds. A comfortable seat that doesnt force you to sit in a lower position when driving, and additional leg extension when stopped. Price for the WingSoft Small driver seat is $229.00. You can check out our price list for additional options.

Check it out on our new updated website.
http://www.bikesolutionsllc.com/

John

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AEO.
Now that this seat is done, I can get back on the heater project. I have to talk to the company and see of they are willing to make some changes without forcing me to buy 5000 units. (i.e. the wires are too short for the rear seat)

Toyo
I cant think of anything you are giving up other than discomfort. We have modified several hundred seats this year, and the additional comfort our insert provides is well documented by many users of this board. Since we use the same process for the Small, many would argue that you are gaining comfort, and giving up pain.

John

·
Registered
80 Posts
Does the modification include adding more space to the driver's portion by cutting down on the seat wings like you do on the large? Hard to tell from the photo.

Thanks

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No it does not include any backrest work. The backrest in the pictures is stock.

If you want to get better footing on the ground, you do not want the wings cut out like our Large. Removing some of the drivers backrest will allow you to go back further, and that will make it harder to touch the ground. We had one customer with a short inseam buy a Large seat and I swapped it out for a regular since he had to slide forward quite a bit to get any footing when he came to a stop sign.

John

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
I think this has been asked before, but I don't remember the answer:

Can you install different material? I have no complaint with the stock seat except that it's made with vinyl. Velour would be better. It gets to 110°F here and that makes black vinyl just unbearable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.