GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Project Bike - Nicky Hayden RC51 Replica GL1800

This bike will debut at Daytona Bike Week (and be at all of the other shows) and Honda has asked to use the bike at the Honda Homecoming in July and the Celebration in September for the 25th anniversary of Honda manufacturing in America.

Here is what we are trying to replicate (decals and all):

·
Chard Member
12,963 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the finished product in person! :)

Will it be at the Mall or at the Honda tent at the track?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As it stands now it will be with us at the Sunshine Mall. But you never know.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are having it painted by a friend of ours in Colorado. I don't know how much the final bill will be but if you have any interest I can get you his e-mail.

But now that he has done a Gold Wing with 27 pieces to paint I don't know how much excited he will be about doing another.

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Hal,that is going to look so cool, can't wait to see the real thing at Americade.
Mick :flg: :yw1:

·
Registered
134 Posts
How about auctioning it off when you tire of it Hal? There may be a couple of us interested in it by the time it's finished :wink: . Can't wait to see it!

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
The Raven said:
How about auctioning it off when you tire of it Hal? There may be a couple of us interested in it by the time it's finished :wink: . Can't wait to see it!
Gee thanks Annette. I was trying to get it all for myself ;) See how you are :D
Hope your doing well. I need a picture for your avatar, you got one laying around? If so send it to me and I'll post it for you. Take care

·
Registered
134 Posts
Too funny Lamont. Bet your still glad you didn't have your switch set for the remote start, huh? I might not have been able to get it stopped before I reached Bama :D :D.

Ya know, you should have warned me about sitting on it. Now I find myself wondering around in the classifieds from time to time looking for any Boss' out there. Funny thing is, I can't figure out why I start drooling when I run across one :? :?

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
The Raven said:
Too funny Lamont. Bet your still glad you didn't have your switch set for the remote start, huh? I might not have been able to get it stopped before I reached Bama :D :D.

Ya know, you should have warned me about sitting on it. Now I find myself wondering around in the classifieds from time to time looking for any Boss' out there. Funny thing is, I can't figure out why I start drooling when I run across one :? :?
You should have took it for a ride and then you would have been hooked :D

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Hey dont say nada about riding one. I know I would like to have a boss hoss, but if I rode one, then I would be in trouble. If I was siting on it, then it would have to go for a ride. The mini hoss, my ole Valkyrie, spoiled me, so now I want one. hehe. Nothing like pulling up beside some other riders and them saying, damn is that a car engine. I just smile and say sorta. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
My wife came home from work and set down to check this site. She starts laughing and said "My picture is on the GL1800 website". Look at the picture of Annette setting on the bike. Look to the left of the man setting on the tailgate. She rode her Valkyrie Interstate for that event. She will have to deceide between her Valkyrie or her new Wing this year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts