GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new 18 wing with DCT. While stopped at extended red lights 4 dashes replaced the gear indicator and bike would not run. I had to shut the bike down and restart about 5 separate times. I tried to initiate the DCT when I got home, I followed all the steps but the bike would not go into neutral at the last step. The bike is back at the shop but I was curious if anyone could explain. Of course the shop tried to replicate the issue but could not. Thanks in advance for any input

·
Registered
360 Posts
Did you do the 'initialization' procedure on your bike?

Search this forum for 'DCT initialization' if you have not.

I don't have a DCT but have read a number of threads on this forum about issues similar to yours and doing the initialization seems to help most of the time.

·
Love The DCT
12,014 Posts
Did you do the 'initialization' procedure on your bike?

Search this forum for 'DCT initialization' if you have not.

I don't have a DCT but have read a number of threads on this forum about issues similar to yours and doing the initialization seems to help most of the time.
He mentioned he tried to do the clutch initialize learn procedure but the bike did not go into neutral like it is supposed to do at the completion of the procedure.

:doorag:

·
Love The DCT
12,014 Posts
Just picked up a new 18 wing with DCT. While stopped at extended red lights 4 dashes replaced the gear indicator and bike would not run. I had to shut the bike down and restart about 5 separate times. I tried to initiate the DCT when I got home, I followed all the steps but the bike would not go into neutral at the last step. The bike is back at the shop but I was curious if anyone could explain. Of course the shop tried to replicate the issue but could not. Thanks in advance for any input

For DCT issues, the service manual will say to check for loose/corroded connectors. After that, one checks to see if the MIL stays on and to check for DTC's. The troubleshooting list in the service manual is quite extensive.

:doorag:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts