1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This board has been sooo quiet.

I'd like to think that all ya'all are off on road trips

Labor Day weekend -
The weather has been GREAT so I got out the little green machine (Versys 650) and made a little 1,500+ road trip.

Took off early morning

A lot of two lane roads, and some good scenery. Here's a remarkably clear stream.

Made a fuel/food stop. I don't like the way that Dino is eyeing my bike

Foothills of the Great Smokey Mountains

A motorcycle notice? This is new. Of all the times that I've ridden this road, have never seen this one.

OK, this one looks familiar

Mister Dragon.....

PROOF of my journey.

Remember folks - no pictures - it didn't happen !

One of the more tame curves.... (this one had a spot to pull off to)

Top of the Dragon, looking down on the dam. No, I don't know which one.

The weather was low 60's in the mornings and upper 70's to 80 in the afternoons on the Tennessee side.
Heavy overcast and windy on the North Carolina side of the mountains and about 10 degrees cooler. Probably due to the hurricane crawling up the coast.
That's all there is for now. There are a lot more photos, but I'm too lazy to post them.

This was an easy trip. No one tried to run over me. Everyone was friendly. No surprises.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Sooooo - the weekend AFTER Labor Day - I took the wife on a little road trip.
Guess where she wanted to go?
Uh-huh.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Glad to see both of you getting out for a little bit. Great pics, by the way!

Headed out west (Arizona), but due to wife's medical issues, the cage has been given the nod to carry us. HOWEVER, once we return, it'll be time to hitch up the wagon to the horses, then roll south into the Ozarks for several days.

And yes, it has been somewhat quiet this summer! I ponder where everyone has gone and what they've done...

For me, it was a quick trip to upnort Wisconsin for a couple of days. Gorgeous country... Other than a little hiccup with the trailer coming off the hitch, the trip was fairly uneventful.

- David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts