GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LONG BEACH, Calif. - "Monster Garage" reality show host Jesse James has agreed to pay $271,250 for violating California's air quality laws by selling motorcycles that did not meet the state's strict emissions standards, authorities said.

His Long Beach motorcycle building shop, West Coast Choppers, sold more than 50 new or custom-built motorcycles between 1998 and 2005 that were not certified by the Air Resources Board, the agency said in a statement Friday.

Attempts to reach James for comment Friday were unsuccessful. An employee who answered the phone at West Coast Choppers said the company would have no comment.

As part of a settlement, the shop is building motorcycles that comply with emission standards, the board said.

James is married to actress Sandra Bullock. His Discovery Channel series about customized vehicles aired for five seasons.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Here in Philly we are having a motorcycle expo featuring Billy Lane.

Since he felt it was advantageous to drive drunk and hit and kill a motorcyclist (even if the guy was on a moped - he still was riding a motorized 2 wheeler), I have opted NOT to contribute to ANY organization or promoter that feels it is "nice" to have him on the billing.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
One more reason I hate the politics here in California.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
And that fine for Jesse James is like $100 (or less) for the rest of us. I bet he makes more (still) off of his merchandise than off of the motorcycles he builds.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Whats happened to Billy Lane? Is he in jail? Did he go to trial? Or did his fame and fortune get him off the hook?

·
Registered
416 Posts
MJM said:
Whats happened to Billy Lane? Is he in jail? Did he go to trial? Or did his fame and fortune get him off the hook?
MJM, I don't know if a trial date has been set. But I can tell you fame and fortune are not going to help him at all. Not in Florida. His ass will be made an example of what not to do after drinking.

·
Registered
464 Posts
zaT111 said:
And that fine for Jesse James is like $100 (or less) for the rest of us. I bet he makes more (still) off of his merchandise than off of the motorcycles he builds.
His limit was twenty bikes a year at $150,000.00 plus. He's still makin a pretty good chunk-a-change on the bikes. 8)

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Todd Graham said:
I don't know if a trial date has been set. But I can tell you fame and fortune are not going to help him at all. Not in Florida. His ass will be made an example of what not to do after drinking.
I guess you dont get the Florida newspapers out there in TX. Here in Florida, if you're high-profile, and/or your daddy has some clout, you can get off a DUI or hit-and-run that kills a child with probation and NO jail time. And the gal in question was a teacher, of all things.

·
Registered
416 Posts
BrianH said:
I guess you dont get the Florida newspapers out there in TX. Here in Florida, if you're high-profile, and/or your daddy has some clout, you can get off a DUI or hit-and-run that kills a child with probation and NO jail time. And the gal in question was a teacher, of all things.
I know what you mean Brian. I started to edit my post to include what you are saying but as far as I know he doesn't carry any clout anywhere except in the Chopper world. And before someone starts flaming me about that, I was at a private party in Dallas where he and his "entourage" were present. I thought then that he was a scumbag. Now he's a murdering scumbag.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Todd Graham said:
BrianH said:
I know what you mean Brian. I started to edit my post to include what you are saying but as far as I know he doesn't carry any clout anywhere except in the Chopper world. And before someone starts flaming me about that, I was at a private party in Dallas where he and his "entourage" were present. I thought then that he was a scumbag. Now he's a murdering scumbag.
I dont know much about Texas, so I try to avoid using it in references. However, my favourite "Texas" image comes from comedien Ron White (a true Texan) who boasts....,

"While other states are trying to abolish the death penalty, MY state is putting in an express lane..." Hahahahahahaha

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just found out on another board that Billys court date is on Feb 7. It also states that the DUI and a couple other charges against him have been dropped. The deceased persons family has a civil suit against Billy and I believe Dodge also because he was driving a truck sponsered by them. Doesnt look good for him but why should it. He broke the law and killed someone. He should be in jail for a long time. You and I would be.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
MJM said:
Just found out on another board that Billys court date is on Feb 7. It also states that the DUI and a couple other charges against him have been dropped. The deceased persons family has a civil suit against Billy and I believe Dodge also because he was driving a truck sponsered by them. Doesnt look good for him but why should it. He broke the law and killed someone. He should be in jail for a long time. You and I would be.
I don't know about that. We had a case here last summer where a guy I knew , who was a drunk, was driving drunk and ran off the road in town, went up into a church, which was holding a funeral at the time, and ran over the preacher and killed him. I personally feel like they should have locked him up for murder, but he got off for some lesser charge and will only spend about 4 years in jail. Our society will not lock someone up because they think, it coulda been me driving. It has become to cool to drink. No offense but we even have people on this board who I know, well I think I know don't drink and drive or ride but it is all they talk about when they talk about a get together. Oh well to each his own. :?

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
White Gold said:
...we even have people on this board...
Isn't it interesting how we talk about other people and how they should pay?

It's always what a bad person "they" are. But, when it comes to our own fun then "it's no big deal" or "I've only had a few drinks" or "I actually do (insert our own thing here) better when drunk" or (and this is my favorite line) "My talking on the phone while driving isn't hurting anyone."

You should pay the price that fits your crime. No one "accidentally" drives while drunk. Drinking and driving is intentional everytime. Talking on the cell phone is also intentional. What is the penalty for killing with premeditation?

Sorry, this has gone way beyond the intent of this thread. I appologize for my rant.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Rastoff said:
White Gold said:
...we even have people on this board...
Isn't it interesting how we talk about other people and how they should pay?

It's always what a bad person "they" are. But, when it comes to our own fun then "it's no big deal" or "I've only had a few drinks" or "I actually do (insert our own thing here) better when drunk" or (and this is my favorite line) "My talking on the phone while driving isn't hurting anyone."

You should pay the price that fits your crime. No one "accidentally" drives while drunk. Drinking and driving is intentional everytime. Talking on the cell phone is also intentional. What is the penalty for killing with premeditation?

Sorry, this has gone way beyond the intent of this thread. I appologize for my rant.
I don't see that as a rant. It's all true!

·
Registered
393 Posts
And in a related story
Next season the OCC gang is going to make a bike that actually runs!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ben There said:
And in a related story
Next season the OCC gang is going to make a bike that actually runs!
LOL! Don't get me started on those guys!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I work where you want these felons to go - behind the fence.

In Ohio there is no rhyme nor reason to what time is served for what crime.

Very few crimes are coming in doing a lot of time. Most are revolving doors. No more potential for parole to provide impetus for good behavior (or inverse to take away earned good time with bad behavior).

You would be appalled to know that crimes against property gets a lot more time than those against women & children.

Had one come in this month on his 7th "number" & is a sex offender and is doing a grand total of 8 months for rape.

Enough of THAT RANT.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts