GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

Someone here has an image on their signature that shows the front sillouette differences between the two models. Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

·
Registered
612 Posts
Looking at this image it’s very obvious how much farther aft the rider seat on the new Goldwing compared to the old model. This also explains why the new Helibar don’t come back far enough. I had to have my seat moved Two inches forward to be comfortable.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,573 Posts
Looking at this image it’s very obvious how much farther aft the rider seat on the new Goldwing compared to the old model. This also explains why the new Helibar don’t come back far enough. I had to have my seat moved Two inches forward to be comfortable.
I'm 5'10" and with the OEM seat I was hitting the back part of the rider's seat and feeling the need to move back. Wingsoft straighten up that lip of the seat when they did the mods and gave me about 1 1/2" more room to move back....feels much better for me..other than that, this wing fits me like a glove. I find the small change in the leg position with this model more comfortable for my knees than the old model was. I'm really surprised that I haven't felt a real need for highway pegs with this model like I did with the old model. Its pretty amazing how such a small change can affect your comfort so much.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This week Im hoping to pickup my freshly minted, shipped from Cali to Colorado, 2019 Tour DCT Darkness Black Metallic.
I've got Kury grips waiting for install, Heli bars ordered, Should be arriving before bike...

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Is what your mostly seeing is the large side bolsters on the previous generation that aren’t present on the new one.

With my heated tall rider ultimate on my 2013 with the show chrome risers I’m nice, warm and comfy. Ultimate eliminates the side bolsters and even scoots you back some.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Is what your mostly seeing is the large side bolsters on the previous generation that aren’t present on the new one.

With my heated tall rider ultimate on my 2013 with the show chrome risers I’m nice, warm and comfy. Ultimate eliminates the side bolsters and even scoots you back some.
Maybe so, but it’s definitely a longer reach then my 2008 was!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I wonder how accurate that picture is. For one thing the red line on top of the tank isn't even close as well as the arm rest area. I had no idea they were that close in size. My perspective seeing them in person, (not side by side) is the 2018 is a foot narrower and a foot longer. I guess that's all wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts