GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay, so I know the wing tells you the outside temperature on the display but I am looking for a gauge mounted to the bike somewhere as so I can see the temp all the time.
I have seen a few different things out there....but what do you all use to display the ole temp?

·
Registered
565 Posts
H-Ds have an OAT gauge that's always visible, and illuminated, too. Everyone agrees it is the most worthless POS ever installed. So don't get one of those! LOL.

Somewhere here on the forum you can find out how to make your OAT display by rewiring your PPT or CB switch, IIRC.

If you don't care about nighttime viewing, there are button cell powered 'always on' LCD gauges on eBay for about $2.00 each, including RH and min/max. You'd have to use double sided sticky tape and maybe waterproof it yourself.

If you're wanting something 12v powered and lighted, I don't know.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I wired my turn signal cancel button to the temp button. Just a quick push of the cancel button gets me the temp. I didn't think of this btw, I copied some other smart guy. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put this one on my '99 Valkyrie and really liked it.
The benefit being that I got both volts and temp from a single glance.

I've been tempted to move it to the Goldwing as I really don't like taking my eyes off the road ahead, to push the correct button on the inst. panel.

Allan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts