GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking forward to riding up to Cottonwood tomorrow and spending the afternoon and evening exploring downtown and staying at the Tavern Hotel. Dinner at the Tavern Grill and maybe a few games of boche ball and beers at the Boche Bar.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Enjoy! Heading up to Flag in the cage...

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
There is a motorglider fly-in at the airport if you like aviation related things...

BTW, the food is better at Bocce....

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Stayed in town this weekend...

...miserable! :cry:

Gotta plan to get away - even as Marc said, if it's in the cage, just for a weekend...

hope your weekend was a good one, m45mcdan

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have to give 5 Stars to the Tavern Hotel, Tavern Grill, Nic's Steak & Seafood House and Booche. All owned and operated by the same family and all provided some of the greatest hospitality and good grub. Lunch at the grill, dinner at Nic's and desert at Booche....Yes, we ate well and really can't say enough about the friendly welcome we received from all the merchants in Cottonwood. Add to it a round trip on 89A and all's good! Happy Father's Day to all you Dads!

·
Registered
85 Posts
az

I might b going to phx to see my aunt and through Sedona in a 2 weeks . Do you guys know if the wild fires are put out yet As I haven't heard of anyting on the news ?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might b going to phx to see my aunt and through Sedona in a 2 weeks . Do you guys know if the wild fires are put out yet As I haven't heard of anyting on the news ?
All clear...no smoke at all this weekend.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Just a note....89A is closed from Flagstaff to Sedona for some re-paving work. It is scheduled to re-open on July 4th weekend. As far as the fires go: they can occur at anytime.....they took down the TFR (temporary flight restriction) over Oak Creek Canyon a few days ago, then put it back up again for a day or so. Call 511 or check the AZ DOT website for road closures.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Our getaway is over...a three night stay in the Pinetop area - in the cage. :(

The San Juan fire seems to be helping clean out an area that's been overdue for quite awhile.

Back to the desert. :p :mrgreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts