GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy overpants soon. I am leaning towad the Tourmaster Venture Pants. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about this particular product or any other suggestions. I want pants that have removable liners and some sort of impact protection. I am sticking with a textile type not leather. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
thirdjoe said:
...Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If at all possible, try them on first. While I'm only 6'1", I always find the "tall" cut fit better for covering the ankle when sitting on the bike...something that may not be apparent when just standing.

There are also many different "deniers" available. While they all provide more protection than light-weight tropical pants, some provide very little extra protection.

Hope that helps and good luck with your search!

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
First gear, full length zippered legs, full length liner and 100% waterproof!

·
Registered
529 Posts
First Gear overpants as well. When I ordered they said to order by your regular pant size. But I find with the amor padding that made them a bit tight for me. So I have removed the padding.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have the Firstgear HT overpants. I use them without the liner and I'm very pleased. They are not suited for really hot weather but I have found them to be the best rain pants I have ever used.

Bob VanNess
Royal Oak,MI

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
First Gear HT for me. Wear with the liner this time of year (well except now with the pesky ice on the road). Without the liner in spring and fall and in the hot summer, I am still looking for the perfect pair of pants.

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
i been using firstgear HT overpants, they work great for me, like someone said try to order your pants size as they are made to fit over pants, my pants are 33 and firstgear doesn't make that size so had to go with 34 waist and they are a little to big but 32 is to small, very good pants for wet weather, i wouldn't buy anything without full length leg zippers because the zippers make it so easy getting them on and off

Tourmaster makes some real nice quality stuff

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey thirdjoe,
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks it gets cold in SD (at least around 3AM in December anyway). I notice a lot of the respondents are located in spots where inclement weather is a factor. Being in SD and given my experience I tend to worry more about staying cool while protecting myself. Web Bike World has some good reviews on MC products including clothing. Might help in your analysis. For me I chose the Motoport Kevlar in spite of the $$$. I laid one down on a highway some 30 years ago so I know it can happen; being interested in self-preservation I want bullet proof protection..just..in..case. Good question, good luck.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle- ... othing.htm

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
First Gear for me too. They have all the things you mentioned and also come in regualr and tall versions which I needed. Am very pleased with them. Wife likes em too.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have Fist Gear for me and the Tour Master Venture OP for my wife. Both are excellent pants. I love the First Gear but prob would have purchased the Ventures if I saw them before buying.

Can't go wrong either way.

Chuck
MBD

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I have the Tourmaster caliber also.. really like them.. MotorcycleWarehouse had a good price on them about a month ago..

cosmic

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
thirdjoe said:
I am going to buy overpants soon. I am leaning towad the Tourmaster Venture Pants. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about this particular product or any other suggestions. I want pants that have removable liners and some sort of impact protection. I am sticking with a textile type not leather. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Joe
I just ordered a set for my wife and I. Bonnie's set came in first, she ordered a large at first. We were thinking that the size should be one size larger than our normal size. Well, the large that we picked out for her was waaaay too big, a small fit her great. I'm waiting for my pants to come in and see if I made the right choice. These pants are very good, with a liner and knee armor, far better than leather chaps. Try them on first and you should be very happy with them.
Riding with these pants will push the operating temp down from the low 20's to the low teens. My cuerrent ouch (Crap its cold! :eek:4: ) factor is 17 Deg F with out the pants.

Van 8)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
DT said:
thirdjoe said:
.If at all possible, try them on first. While I'm only 6'1", I always find the "tall" cut fit better for covering the ankle when sitting on the bike...something that may not be apparent when just standing. !
I buy my jeans the same way too.

Van 8)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts