Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had one of these, but I made a few slight changes including 836 cc kit. :D
74 CB750 Honda   1979.jpg

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
50 years ago, we were taught how to learn and with that was reading, writing, and arithmetic. After that, everything else was based upon those and usually, intelligence was built on that foundation. These days, we are taught that we are too stupid to realize that battery acid will kill us if ingested; and then someone decided that we don't know what "ingest" means so everything must have "do not eat" and "do not drink" printed on everything that is not food.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The root of that is the removal of all accountability - nobody can be to blame for anything. Spilling hot coffee on themselves, making themselves overweight, smoking, drug addiction, ironing their clothes while wearing them,...

·
Vendor
18,082 Posts
When I read 6th gen Owners' an Service Manuals I'm impressed with Honda. Some instruction sets and warnings are wrote far better then they were in 5th gen material.

I know for me, even when I write here, sometimes I'll edit many times. It's obvious the same is true for Honda.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Kids today are not as willing to learn how to work on their motorcycles like we all did in our youth.
Our generation thought it was the norm back then. to work on our motorcycles.
Today's kids unfortunately live in a throw away society.
Sad that they don't know how to teach their kids as our father's taught us.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It’s the lawyers, judges and insurance companies. It’s going to get nothing but worse.
Well, that and the fact that many people just do not have common sense, or are just plain stupid. Like the woman that used Gorilla glue on her hair and then went all lawyer and social media about it. How stupid can they get?:eek:

·
Registered
657 Posts
My 1978 owners manual tells me what to do when brake fluid has been swallowed and uses the word "emetic" that I had never seen before so I had to go to a "libary" (a "libary" is like the internet but a building, further away and a lot more facts that are on papers stuck together, however you dont get to keep them.) I am quite happy I did not swallow that brake fluid since it was a few months before I was able to go to the libary and find out emetic is not good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts