GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone happen to have a .pdf a copy of their own owners manual I could borrow ?

Tried 'search' and didn't want to wade through umpteen thousand posts.

I have bought and will be picking up a 2012 in a couple weeks.

Never had a GW before, going on vacation, and it would be nice to have something to read through before receiving the new ride. Basically I will be picking it up and riding home 450 miles.

It would be nice to know where the gas cap is :lol:

I guess just about any year GW1800 would work for reading purposes, unless someone has already done the '12.

Please no copyright BS - I'm asking for a copy of your own personal manual that I could borrow.

Please PM if you can help me out.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
WELCOME MIKE !!!

I see that you are a retiree from Caterpillar... as such I'd guess that you know a bit about machinery ... then again I see that you were management ... :shrug:

JUST JOKING !!! :joke:

Sorry, I don't have an on-line copy for you ... I'd bet that somebody does though. I've always been disappointed the the info and lack of info in OWNER'S MANUALS. Although the Goldwing manual is better than most ... it does explain how to remove / replace a wheel in case of a flat.

On the other hand my BUELL BLAST! manual takes three pages to explain the seat removal ... twist the lever (DUH!!!).

... and those endless warnings ... "Failure to polish your bike daily with official Harley Davidson wax can may result in serious injury and / death." (Slightly exaggerated for humor.)

Enjoy the new bike ... RIDE SAFE !!! ... stop and see me some day !

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think I have one for an 02 if that will help. If you want a copy pm me your email and I will try to get it to you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have one for a 2009 if that would help. If you want it, PM me with your e-mail.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Now I know you were in management

Tried it there.

Its a -buy it- unless I missed something. Just links to a retailer.
Just kidding.......so am I. :roll:

Try the link again and scroll down to where you create a login and password. Once logged into the site you can download manuals......the latest owners manual is for the 2010 model.

·
Registered
2018 Tour DCT
166 Posts
I may be missing something but after I log in and go to the section for Manuals all I get is a link to the Helm's website for a download. It's not free. :roll:

·
Registered
156 Posts
PM'd my friend.
On its way. Good luck with your new ride. If you might need a bit of something to make the seat softer, try Walmarts "Gel Seat Cushion" in the automotive section. Got 2 and they are great. Cheap and available at most stores.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,372 Posts
Sorry, I didn't realize the newer ones were for sale only. I had downloaded a service manual for a 94 model for free just the other day. :oops: Goodluck with the new bike!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts