1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
537 Posts
i looked around for the same boots awhile back.......

Red told me all about em.... really nice boots.......

well u just hit the spot...... newenough is the place to get em....

and they are supposed to be real good about returns if the first pair
dont fit 8)

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Had a pair for coing on three seasons now!! I was a little leery about spending that muck on shoes, but they're awesome!! Very comfy and quite waterproof!! I've done BRC/ERC in pouring rain without even a drip!!
Love them, and I'm keeping an eye out for another bargin from Newenough!!

·
Registered
19,065 Posts
Don't have em but they make damn good MX boots, so I figure their tourers are too.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The picture in the link above seems to show an exposed zipper on the inside of the boot. Does the zipper come into contact with any part of the bike (which is sometimes a problem with this style boot)?

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
I purchased a pair from New Enough this summer and truly like the boot and a good co. to deal with.

For me the zipper has not been an issue. And they are waterproof as advertised. Trust me on that. LOL

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Great boot and the price is below retail.
Speaking of price, the Tourmaster WP Road Boot is highly rated as well and is $80 less. I have no experience with it but I've used some of their other products and have been quite pleased.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I got the Tourmaster Response boots. They tie like a reagular boot except they have a flap that closes withvelcro over the strings. I like them very well and they too are much less expensive. Not as tall but that's what I like.

found here........http://www.newenough.com/product_group_boots_tourmaster.htm

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
DT said:
The picture in the link above seems to show an exposed zipper on the inside of the boot. Does the zipper come into contact with any part of the bike (which is sometimes a problem with this style boot)?
I have a pair and nope, they don't come in contact with the bike because the zipper is covered. I like mine, but have trouble shifting as they are new and I'm not used to them. The toebox seems to be a little tight getting underneath the shift lever. Probably because I'm not used to the new boots though. The boots are very comfortable, to ride and walk in. JMHO.

·
Chard Member
12,972 Posts
I have the Oxtar Matrix boots, but mine are a little different. They are about 4 years old. What sold me was the steel supports for the arch.

I liked mine so well when I first bought them I ordered a spare pair after a month or so. Any time I am wearing pants, I'm wearing my Oxtars. :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
I spent the bucks for the Matrix. There are a dozen imitations of Goretex on the market, but there is only one Goretex. These boots are super comfortable and are indeed waterproof. :D

Incidentally, mine are a couple of years old and they have two flaps over the zipper, an upper and a lower.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the original Matrix model... I'm due a new pair since mine are now not waterproof from toe dragging :roll: They are the most comfortable boots, waterproof, and warm. I pretty much wear them all the time. Oxtar Matrix boots been berry berry good to me :wink:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Red said:
I have the Oxtar Matrix boots, but mine are a little different. They are about 4 years old. What sold me was the steel supports for the arch.

I liked mine so well when I first bought them I ordered a spare pair after a month or so. Any time I am wearing pants, I'm wearing my Oxtars. :)
so red???? when are u NOT wearing any pants... and what kinda boots do you wear then?? 8)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I really like my Oxtars as well. The only problem for me, is that some of my Levi's (the 560's) are very tight going over the boot. Western cut Levi's and Wranglers are no problem. Very comfortable to walk around in.

Got mine on sale a couple years ago at NewEnough.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Can't vouch for the "2", but I love my older model Matrix boots!!

Bought mine from new enough a few years ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts