GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the Oyster Run. Wow, what a gathering. I'll bet there were over 4000 bikes in town for it.

I was surprised at the ratio of Harleys to Wings. I'll bet there were 200 Harleys for every Wing that attended.

It was a great gathering anyway until about 3:00 pm when the skies opened up and it rained like hell. I left then and judging by the other bikes on the roads with me I'll bet the rain cleared the town out.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was there started watching the skies about 1:00 and left about 1:30 no rain but lots of wind and no traffic I can only imagine the traffic after it started raining:22yikes:

·
Registered
409 Posts
There is a very good turn out when the weather is good, 25 - 30K ish. I stop at Sound Harley for the breakfast, the rest stop just before Hwy 20 and then head back south. Been caught in town before and it's not my cup of tea, nothing special about slipping a clutch for 40 minutes and getting nowhere. The rookies seem to enjoy that chit....

·
Registered
467 Posts
We were in the Shell station at the turn off to La Conner from Highway 20 when the sky went dark and the rain poured down. By the time I had the tank filled, got our rain gear on and over the bridge back to town the rain stopped. In town it was nice and dry. We rode down to Anthony's for Happy Hour. Love the 3 sliders for $5. Now Monday was another story, the ferry ride back to Sidney was "interesting" with many riders staying beside their bikes near the end of the trip.
Cliff.

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
rain, what rain,,,

I knew the forcast, so I went the day earlier, ( sat )
I rode around for a while, then stayed in the motel in a nearby city.
SO I was there in anacortes, walking around from 7:30 am till just before 12:00 NOON
After I left, I went down Marine view drive and got-on I-5 at Marysville.
Got home in Kent wa. and NO rain.
One hour later IT POURED.
I did however have PILEDRIVEING WIND all the way home.

NO rain at anacortes while I was there.
KennyU
SeattleWA

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
left after the goldwing precision riders and all was good. got to Bellingham and had lunch and about 1 mile north of Bellingham turned into a texico to put the rain gear on. it came down sideways so we stayed for about 10 minutes and it let up a lot so there was not that much rain. but the wind crossing the twin bridge was a white knuckler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts