GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,978 Posts
Anyone familiar with this place? Thinking about running down there sometime this spring.

I live about 75 miles away. The bike riding is very good in the area. I'm not a BlueGrass Music fan so I really can't give you anything first hand about that. Everything I've heard has been good!!

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Monk, we're not really in to bluegrass either but wanted to go take a look at the area around it and thought it might be interesting to see the artists at work.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
You don't have to go to the Folk Center, just go downtown most any day during the summer and there will be 10 or so informal groups playing in the park and at the music shop just east of there. You can sit and listen as much or as little as you like. There is a decent restaurant across the street and an ice cream shop adjacent the music shop.

You can ride to Batesville and tour Mark Martin's racing museum in the Ford dealership

Blanchard Caverns is a little way north.

As Monk said, LOTS of good roads to ride. There are several motels in town. We usually stay at the Best Western "Fiddlers Inn".

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bipeflier, didn't know about the music downtown. Just thought this might be an interesting place to see and was pretty sure the ride there and around the area would be good!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mt. View

JoJo’s for catfish, north on 5 hwy, Rainbow Cafe down town, the Folk Center has a free weekend in April, Mountains Music and Motorcyles rally in August. The Chamber has a excellent web site for activities. Blanchard’s Springs Caverns operated by the Forest service is as impressive as Carlsbad. Gravity and Norfork micro breweries, in Baxter County. Stone and Izark counties are dry. Lots of good roads.

·
Registered
442 Posts
"If" it matters to you and if you're spending the night there, it is a dry county, so go stocked. Contact monk for the best riding in the area. Also keep in mind, whatever road you take will be fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts