GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any women out in the audiance who can give some pointers to my new riding partner(Angel is her name) on how to pack for a two week ride this summer? She just wants to hear some insites from other women. We will be going from Denver to southern Cal then up the coast to Montery,San Fran and a little further up the coast then home. She just can't figure out what and the amount of what she should bring. Believe me, it will be better coming from you women than it will be from me.We will be on a GL1800 with a trunk luggage rack.

Thanks mucho :) :yw1: [/b]

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ok how about this?

1) Pack whatever you guys want to pack and get on your way...

2) For the rest of the items she's not able to fit in while you're leaving home use this method. Ship those to me via UPS and when you stop at my place after xx days replace those with your used and dirty items.

3) I'm sure we can find someone like me up north S.F. Bay area too..
:wink:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Pack for 3 days max. Wash clothes as you go. If you get stuck, buy more underwear & Socks on the road.

Take your worn out clothes, so you can toss them without thought if you need to.

Purchase vacuum bags to place clothes and items in. They are available at wal mart in various sizes. You just roll the air out of them through a one way check valve in the bag. They work super.

Prioritize everything. Place items in the bike, in the order of priority. When you get down to "it wont fit", you will have the most needed stuff in the bike anyway. and the rest don't matter.

Meesh

·
Registered
268 Posts
Packing

Don't try to tell her what to pack. Just tell her she can take anything she can fit into the right saddle bag. Works for me. Take Care George

·
Registered
231 Posts
That is a great idea George, only I am the one who gets the right saddlebag and LadyHawk gets the rest. We put all our heavy coats, gloves, etc. in a trunk rack bag.
There is even some room left for the inevitable tourist junk :?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Stduc, start out with toothbrush and paste, hair brush, nail file, sunglasses, deorderant, In other words a small personal travel pack. Two pair of jeans some t shirts and a dress shirt or two. Spare pair of shoes, sneakers if she is wearing riding boots. Couple pair of socks, bras, and shorts and lite tshirt for night wear. Gloves, maybe a spare pair of glasse if she wears them. Maybe a magazine or two, or a paperback.
Don't forget meds and any nessecary comfort items, like poker game, individually wrapped candy or mints, or maybe even an ear plug for the phone.
Like bulldawg said you can buy what you need and discard any old clothes as you go and buy soveniers. And I always do a wash at the hotel when I need something clean. I hope this helps and that I didn't forget too much. If I forget some thing I buy it.
don't forget good music, and patience. Joy

·
Registered
429 Posts
We take a days worth of clothes (socks, underware, shirt) and fold them so they fit neatly in a gallon size ZipLock bag. Zip it almost closed and sit on it and seal the rest of the way. The act just like those hi priced vaccum bags and pack real nice and compact. Place your dirty clothes back in to segerate the clean from dirty.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
space saver bags do work very nicely.

what ever happens she will want at least 70 % of the trunk space. even with our two bikes, laura gets all her space and half of mine also. its just the way it is, dont try and figure it out.

loren

·
Registered
94 Posts
Taking the old underwear works for men but I doubt its a good idea for women. Take something sexy from Victorias Secret for the Motel. Washing out clothes along the way is a must for long trips. She has nothing to worry about if she forgets something as long as her honey has a Visa Card.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My wife and I plan on doing some riding this summer too. Our plan is to send some stuff ahead Via UPS to the campground. In the box we are putting a return call tag so and a roll of tape. Exchange dirty cloths and stuff for clean. The tent, sleeping bags, cook kit, lantern etc. Sending ahead a week earlier. Call the campground to be certain they recieved it and be certain to let them know it coming before sending it. The day we leave repack it and bring to the campghround office. Call ups for a pickup.

Just a suggestion. I do similiar when i go diving. I ship my gear ahead to the hotel so i don't have to lug it on the plane and when done ship it back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts