GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Freewire will connect with a Packtalk Bold. I saw it reported in one forum that it did work. For me it would need to support both HFP and A2DP. I have a 20S that is having battery life issues and was thinking about replacing both of mine with a pair of Packtalk Bold units, but I don't want to lose my Freewire. For me the popping and random disconnects are the biggest issues I have with the 20S.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Interoperability

I was told by Sierra Electronics that the Packtalk will connect to the Freewire for normal audio, but will not allow CB use.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Prolly something to do with BT not being compatible with citizens band frequencies.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't understand

Prolly something to do with BT not being compatible with citizens band frequencies.
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. It has nothing to do with the CB. The Packtalk will not negotiate the protocol with the Sena Freewire to send the mic audio to the CB. The audio from the CB is coming over A2DP from the Freewire to the headset and that works fine.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.
I'm saying CB frequencies are not compatible with bluetooth.

Are you saying CB frequencies and bluetooth ARE compatible? Or are you saying they can be MADE compatible with the right hardware and/or software?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CB and Bluetooth

I'm saying CB frequencies are not compatible with bluetooth.

Are you saying CB frequencies and bluetooth ARE compatible? Or are you saying they can be MADE compatible with the right hardware and/or software?
The CB and Bluetooth will never talk with each other directly. The function of the Sena Freewire is to connect to a BT headset and send the audio output of the CB to the headset and to take the mic output of the headset and send it to the mic input of the CB radio.

BTW: The CB RF is in the 25 Mhz range and a BT headset connects in the 2.4 Ghz range so they are inherently incompatible without something like the Freewire to translate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts