GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased this duo set and have charged and updated to 5.2
They each have a name, me big daddy, her little momma (tried big momma but did not go over well). I have looked at several videos and post but still confused as there seems several methods to settings it up.

I plan on using carplay apps, my phone and phone music, intercom. She just needs intercom and her phone and phone
music

I normally play music from usb over speaker and I may have paired my phone for bluetooth music

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

I also thought the two unit were supposed to be paired

·
Registered
942 Posts
It works great
Just go to you tube and cardo videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
IMO, you need to do one step at a time.

1. Pair the headsets to each other. That should give you intercom.

2. Pair her headset to her phone. That should give her music and phone. You are now done with her headset.

3. Pair your headset to your phone. That should give you the phone connectivity you want.

4. Pair your headset to the bike. That should give you GPS and audio capability.

Reactions: JED and RickLB

·
Registered
942 Posts
IMO, you need to do one step at a time.

1. Pair the headsets to each other. That should give you intercom.

2. Pair her headset to her phone. That should give her music and phone. You are now done with her headset.

3. Pair your headset to your phone. That should give you the phone connectivity you want.

4. Pair your headset to the bike. That should give you GPS and audio capability.

If using iPhone you don’t pair your phone to headset, just use the USB port and you get CarPlay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
If using iPhone you don’t pair your phone to headset, just use the USB port and you get CarPlay
If you have that sorted out, you should have zero issues getting everything else going. Pairing headsets together takes about 20 seconds, IIRC.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

So no music via usb while phone is plugged in unless i install trunk usb port. I have to plug in for carplay?

I thought these came already paired?

Can i use Iphone cardo app to make connections?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Can't you go ahead and pair it to your headset and turn it off at the bluetooth settings on the bike ?
The reason I ask is I need the phone paired to my headset when I ride my Super Tenere.
Looking at getting a Packtalk Bold.
Currently own G9X's

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Can I use the aux usb port in the trunk for my music

I thought you paired everything to the wing and it handled the functions

still confused

·
Registered
942 Posts
Can I use the aux usb port in the trunk for my music

I thought you paired everything to the wing and it handled the functions

still confused

I have phone plugged in and I have usb stick in saddlebags for music as well by usin aux port

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have phone plugged in and I have usb stick in saddlebags for music as well by usin aux port

thanks for that info, Do you know if the Honda manual shows the correct way to set up with cardo

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I am going to take a stab shortly, I will be post back for help after I have it really messed up.

Oh one more thing are you guys using the connect app for changing the settings, thus requiring to pair cardo to phone right?

·
Love The DCT
12,011 Posts
thanks for that info, Do you know if the Honda manual shows the correct way to set up with cardo
The owner's manual does not give specific instructions for cardo. The bike can handle up to a maximum of three bluetooth connections at the same time.

Check page 79; "Enable car play settings.
Check page 86; "Pair the headsets."
Check pages 99 to 101; "Apple car play."

Basically the order is; pair the rider headset to the bike, pair the passenger headset to the bike, then plug in your iPhone via the USB cable.

:doorag:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Good luck, I still cannot get the Nav volume to a good level. Intercom works fine. I have my headset paired to the bike, my phone paired to the bike, her headset pair to mine and her headset paired to her phone.

Getting any help from Cardo is difficult.

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
Good luck, I still cannot get the Nav volume to a good level. Intercom works fine. I have my headset paired to the bike, my phone paired to the bike, her headset pair to mine and her headset paired to her phone.

Getting any help from Cardo is difficult.
Are you using PackTalk Bold or some other model?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, guys, it seems to be working, I think intercom was already paired from the factory
Paired cardo to bike
wifes cardo to bike
wifes cardo to her phone
plug my phone in

You still need to connect your phone to cardo if you want to use their app, which I like. I did this with the wifes but not sure having a cardo to my phone Bluetooth would mess things up when plugging in usb. Carplay worked as well

I will say the jbl speakers are not very good even after multiple adjustments. I plugged in my 400.00 pair of in ear earbuds and will say Cardo produced a nice sound, would not advise riding with them.

thanks, guys

Reactions: Drgsin

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Well, guys, it seems to be working, I think intercom was already paired from the factory
Paired cardo to bike
wifes cardo to bike
wifes cardo to her phone
plug my phone in

You still need to connect your phone to cardo if you want to use their app, which I like. I did this with the wifes but not sure having a cardo to my phone Bluetooth would mess things up when plugging in usb. Carplay worked as well

I will say the jbl speakers are not very good even after multiple adjustments. I plugged in my 400.00 pair of in ear earbuds and will say Cardo produced a nice sound, would not advise riding with them.

thanks, guys
$400 ear buds should work better! whats the brand? is your bike paired to the phone channel on the bike or the gps channel? The cardo peeps told me gps. just getting a survey as to what everyone is doing.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
$400 ear buds should work better! whats the brand? is your bike paired to the phone channel on the bike or the gps channel? The cardo peeps told me gps. just getting a survey as to what everyone is doing.
Not sure but bought them from audio advisor

I should install my Woo tube amp and audeze over-ear headphones wow that would be a trip

https://www.audioadvisor.com/products.asp?dept=41

1 - 20 of 23 Posts