GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my PackTalk Bold for several months now, but this morning I was able to use it in DMC mode for the first time because I was the only rider in my group to have one, but today another rider has purchased one. Today we had two riders with PackTalk Bold in DMC mode and one in Bluetooth mode and it worked exactly as described, perfectly. When speaking only to the rider in DMC mode the clarity was 1000% better than bluetooth mode. However, as soon as I linked the rider with bluetooth mode, static entered the picture. DMC is the way to go. It is crystal clear even when the rider behind me is practically out of sight. I hope I convinced the bluetooth rider to purchase one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm just about there. The cost is a factor but I now have away around that. I cashed in rewards points on my credit card for a $250 Amazon gift card and will use it to purchase a dou pack in the next couple weeks. I will have a set for around $150.
Me happy

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
I'm just about there. The cost is a factor but I now have away around that. I cashed in rewards points on my credit card for a $250 Amazon gift card and will use it to purchase a dou pack in the next couple weeks. I will have a set for around $150.
Me happy
That doesn't make them cheaper.

Your really just taking the value from a different 'savings account'.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to spend accumulated rewards points. Whenever I can I use the discount at the next available purchase rather than lending the (reward) value to the retailers.

Rewards systems are just a way of offering you a discount, but not letting you use it on the current purchase - in hopes that either you will return and purchase more OR you will forget about the reward and never get the discount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts