GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new to me Roll a Home, an 08, stamdard width bed. If I add a 3/4 to 1" foam base under the mattress and leave a sleeping bag flat on top and two pillows, will I still have enough room to close the unit without putting too much pressure or stress on stuff? I don't want to cause any damage.

Bill in the U.P.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
There is a little room under the tent to do this. Not sure if the extra foam pad will take up all of it or not. I do something similar with my wide bed model. Just add it on top of the bed, and lower the top easily putting the tent away just like normal and ease the top down to see how the front and sides settle. If you can close the latches with out sitting on it ;) it should be good.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KJ5DX, thank you for your reply.

Here is the email reply I promptly received from Sheila at Roll A Home: "Being it is a standard, you should have no problem adding a 1" foam base, bedding and pillows. I would put pillows in the middle of the bed so the bows dont lay on them when folding it up. If the bows lay on top of the pillows, it may create a problem..."

Bill in the U.P. :lol:

There is a little room under the tent to do this. Not sure if the extra foam pad will take up all of it or not. I do something similar with my wide bed model. Just add it on top of the bed, and lower the top easily putting the tent away just like normal and ease the top down to see how the front and sides settle. If you can close the latches with out sitting on it ;) it should be good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts