GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday April 18th.

Some of the routes will be WV 60, 20, 3: VA 311,18 and 220

Lunch will be at the Swinging Bridge Restaurant, famous for Buffalo burgers and BBQ.

We will meet at 8:30am, GoMart, 6414 Maccorkle Ave SE, Charleston.

If anyone wants to meet up with me close to Portsmouth, PM me and will make plans.

The restaurant

VA 311

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
Count me in if the weather isn't bad. I don't do rain!:nojoke:

I know it is a long ride for all but man is it worth it!! YES!!! Good roads and good eats!:bow::bow: It will be another long day. Oh well isn't that what we bought our wings for????

Don't worry Rail is afraid of me, he won't show up!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I was going to write something like "how can you do this to me, posting all these nice pics" but then I remembered that I don't have to follow this thread, or even the Ohio Group. But I still want to.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
6,944 Posts
I was going to write something like "how can you do this to me, posting all these nice pics" but then I remembered that I don't have to follow this thread, or even the Ohio Group. But I still want to.
You keep following and soon you will have to come and ride with us!! :lol:

Man, I can almost smell those Buffalo Burgers:

Mmmm!!! I can't wait. COME ON OHIO GUYS!! Surely someone from Ohio can come and play on these really good roads.

The pix of you are a little scary ,just sayin .
:lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Do you have the route plotted? I can't find Rt18. This is Easter weekend...correct? Charleston 8:20 am? How many miles? Will there be cookies? Are we there yet? :shock:

I might be able to swing this...I think we have some server maintenance scheduled this weekend. But should be a one man job. I will let you know! Boomer....Can I keep up with you guys? :shock:

·
6,944 Posts
Do you have the route potted? I can't find Rt18. This is Easter weekend...correct? Charleston 8:20 am? How many miles? Will there be cookies? Are we there yet? :shock:

I might be able to swing this...I think we have some server maintenance scheduled this weekend. But should be a one man job. I will let you know! Boomer....Can I keep up with you guys? :shock:
Come with us, you'll be fine. (server maintenance scheduled) I guess you have to clean some windows! :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Do you have the route potted? I can't find Rt18. This is Easter weekend...correct? Charleston 8:20 am? How many miles? Will there be cookies? Are we there yet? :shock:

The route isn't potted, but it seemed to me that everyone was a bit happier after the cookies were handed out.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Wish I could go, but it's a huge weekend at church....I could ups some cookies though!!!!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Come with us, you'll be fine. (server maintenance scheduled) I guess you have to clean some windows! :lol::lol::lol:
Well....something like that :thumbup:

I will let you know as soon as I can! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Hmmm....How far up Rt 220? If I run that up to Rt 250 then up to Elkin then straight home. :shock: That is 690 miles! That's 16 to 17 hours! Ouch!

I am thinking of taking Jo (that's my wife) and getting a room!!

·
6,944 Posts
Do you have the route plotted? I can't find Rt18. This is Easter weekend...correct? Charleston 8:20 am? How many miles? Will there be cookies? Are we there yet? :shock:

RT 18 comes off 311 just north of Paint Bank and runs north east until you hit 220 just after passing I 64.

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
Hmmm....How far up Rt 220? If I run that up to Rt 250 then up to Elkin then straight home. :shock: That is 690 miles! That's 16 to 17 hours! Ouch!

I got in 675 miles Saturday with the ride we did in eastern KY. So it's very doable for a day ride. But since you mentioned bringing wife and getting a room. .. we understand. Lol. Hope you can make it.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Well...in case I do go on the 18th...I ordered a new set of ISO foot peg adapters! After scrapping 3/8"+ off my pegs chasing boomer....it's time to get a peg lift so I am not dragging parts down the road!? :shock: :oops:

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
The last couple times I went to Paint Bank it was a 12 hr day.
12 hours is not a problem! But it was almost 16 hours without any stops (per google maps)...that would realistically be around 20 hours. (lunch...gas...chats...supper) Man!! I should just tagged 4 more hours on and get an IBA cert!!:nojoke:

I have looked at a couple of trips over in that area (Rt 50 to Elkin and down 219)...it always would turn into a 2 day trip for me on google maps.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I will be taking 220 up to 39 through Marlington. If you and Jo want to head up to 250 thats fine but that way is much longer for me.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts