GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post here. I'm so excited. :eek:

Placed my order for a new Bushtec Quantum GL GT+ package and was puzzled when Andrew told me that I would have to send in a side cover for a color match. Isn't Honda's paint recipe the same? In other words, if I have the paint number, shouldn't that be sufficeint for a match? It's the 2009 Candy Black Cherry by the way, which according to Andrew, requires special application techniques.

I ordered this package because I wanted to match the lights and color of my bike. So why , do you ask, am I so casual about a paint recipe. Good question. Especially when I could have bought a peach of a used Turbo+2 for 1/3 the cost. ( Check out Craigslist in Milwaukee. I think it's agreat deal)

Since the bike and trailer are separated by a piece of chrome tubing, will color match be that noticeable? What do you think?

Ron W.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
First welcome to the NUT HOUSE. Lots of good people here and great ideas. I pulled a White trailer for 2 years behind my white wing and it was not noticeable that it wasn't a perfect Honda color match by hardly anyone knew it. Now your trailer will probably be close enough as it is seperated by the tongue of the trailer. If it was say a TRIKE KIT I would want a PERFECT color match. However, paying the price you are paying I would go ahead and send them a panel from the bike.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
My first post here. I'm so excited. :eek:

Placed my order for a new Bushtec Quantum GL GT+ package and was puzzled when Andrew told me that I would have to send in a side cover for a color match. Isn't Honda's paint recipe the same? In other words, if I have the paint number, shouldn't that be sufficeint for a match? It's the 2009 Candy Black Cherry by the way, which according to Andrew, requires special application techniques.

I ordered this package because I wanted to match the lights and color of my bike. So why , do you ask, am I so casual about a paint recipe. Good question. Especially when I could have bought a peach of a used Turbo+2 for 1/3 the cost. ( Check out Craigslist in Milwaukee. I think it's agreat deal)

Since the bike and trailer are separated by a piece of chrome tubing, will color match be that noticeable? What do you think?

Ron W.
Ron,
Bushtec takes great pride in color matching the trailer to YOUR Wing. If you line up several Wings of the same year and color, manufactured on different dates you will see subtle differences in the color. Some colors can show a huge difference (one year of the dark orange comes to mind) while others may show very little. Trust me when I say take the time to send the fuel fill door or a side cover, you will be very pleased with the results!!!! As Andrew stated some colors on the Wing take different application techniques to create the correct final product.
By the way :congrats: on the new trailer, we have had our Bushtec since July 2005 and have been very happy with it and the way the Preston's run their business.

Welcome the board from another Michgander!!

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
+1 on happy bushtec owner

·
Registered
243 Posts
If you paint code is r303, it is a tri-coat and very hard to match.

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts