GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want o have some parts painted o my bike, having trouble locating base coat paint. Honda gave me a price of $95 per pint premixed ready to spray,and I'll have to buy 2 plus clear coat and other stuff also. Way to much $$$. They use color rite products. Here is the question. has any one tried to match 02 silver stream metallic with a honda car. I'm sure I've seen honda cars the same color. I think I'm gonna take a part of the bike and go to Honda car dealer and walk around the lot and see if they have one the same color. then I can get it mixed at a body shop. yall got any thoughts or experience to share?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Color Match Paint

I have a 2003 Jupior Orange and I want to paint the cowl and lower side covers. First I checked out color rite and it was as you said 98 per pint. I then went thru my dealer (20% discount) and the color rite cost was like $70.00 per pint. I took the factory code to paint supply house that does mostly automotive and they had a match for the factory code. With one pint of base coat and one of top coat it came to $89.00 which I can live with. I have had 2 quotes to paint these items. One was $250.00 and the other one was $175.00. Still a lot of money but not too pad I guess. The paint store will also make up spray cans. With a pint they make 4 cans and charge $6.00 per can. I have used spray cans on my Valkyrie before I hadd my wing and it turned out very good so I may opt to go that route. The paint place said that the paint was a PPG paint that Color Rite uses. Hope this helps. I do think that any good paint supply house should be able to match it with the factory code.

·
Registered
21 Posts
paint matching

I needed color matched paint for my trailer, I called colorrite and the dealer, all way to much money, and the local paint shops couldnt match the pearl yellow close enough. I called Bushtec and they sold me what I needed for half the cost of colorrite and the paint matched perfect. Jeff in Tampa

·
Registered
156 Posts
When I got my homemade trailer painted to match the pearl blue I found a local paint shop that "computer matched it"....looks very good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts