GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Wags pet trailer that I am going to have paint matched to the bike or do a wrap on it, My problem is that they can't match paint with the wrap but it will be a lot cheaper. I only use the trailer about two or three times a year so not sure I want to pay for the paint if I can get a wrap that I like. I would like to get some input both ways and maybe some ideas as far as a design on the wrap if I go that way. Had a buddy that suggested the American Flag, I like that idea but still not sure. Be great to see some picture of some of your trailers that you have color matched to the bike or some that have had a wrap put on them. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Surprised no one has any input on doing a wrap on a trailer, not sure I will do it versus paint but if I plow new ground I will post the out come. :shrug:

·
Registered
460 Posts
They could color mach the wrap fairly close, but it takes time and can be frustrating.... So it's easier to say " no it can't be done".
Unless it's metallic color.....

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Wraps are getting very popular here and your imagination is the limit. I am also thinking of going the wrap direction on our new trailer as we have had the last 3 color matched...

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Usually any large well established sign shop does them....

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Surprised that they say can't match your paint with a wrap... we have so many of these companies are Washington now that they have competitions to see who can do the most outlandish murals. and paint schemes.. Think you should ask around some more before you commit

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
Personally would leave white as contrast as so it would be seen better . ! Good luck .

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Surprised that they say can't match your paint with a wrap... we have so many of these companies are Washington now that they have competitions to see who can do the most outlandish murals. and paint schemes.. Think you should ask around some more before you commit
When I talked to them about the wraps they said the problem was ( I think ) something to do with the metalice paint color vs. a ink color. :shrug:

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
THINK COLOR WOULD BE GOOD JUST NOT METALLIC LOOKING - IF NOT STANDING NEXT TO BIKE MITE NOT NOTICE :shrug: SEE IF THEY CAN DO SAMPLE SWATCH

·
Registered
249 Posts
paint vs. vinyl

yellow.jpg trailer left.jpg

I purchased a used Yellow Aluma. less than 35.00 put vinyl on it to almost match 2010 Caliente Red. Looks very close, took me about 2 hours to put on the vinyl. saved a heck of lot of money. Was up to 800.00 when i priced paint, and was going to be around 350 + to have a wrap. Very easy to do.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
View attachment 52459 View attachment 52458

I purchased a used Yellow Aluma. less than 35.00 put vinyl on it to almost match 2010 Caliente Red. Looks very close, took me about 2 hours to put on the vinyl. saved a heck of lot of money. Was up to 800.00 when i priced paint, and was going to be around 350 + to have a wrap. Very easy to do.
Very nice looking rig, looks like plenty of room also. I broke my down this week end and it is headed to paint this week. There was only 100 Dollars between the Metallic wrap and paint, really wanted paint anyway. None of the places I took it to would take it apart so I had to take everything apart.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I took the trailer to the painter today, I stripped it down this weekend. I will post some pics when it's done.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I have finished having the trailer color matched to the Trike, the guy doing the paint did an outstanding job. It was a labor of love and I am very happy with the out come.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Looks very nice. I bet you are glad you did it now that it is finished.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had a body shop in veto beach color match our trailer he did a great job. Perfection auto body. Your trailer looks great

1 - 20 of 20 Posts