GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who or where do I need to contact about having the dash panel with the speaker grills painted to match my bike? Ive see a dew that have been custom matched and really thinking about having it done. If you could please reply by an e mail to my screen name since I rarely get on her with work schedule being so hectic.

Thank you

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Any body shop can do it or you can do it yourself with some spray paint and a little patience.

Also, check out Wing Bling for ideas or to just buy a painted dash.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
I painted my own meter panel. Like Bartman said, just take your time. Good prep work is the key to a good paint job. Mine turned out nicely.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
Honda knows best in this situation. I had my silver 05 1800 panel color match at RTE(OOB now) it looked great but glared badly. I ended up buying another unpainted meter dash. I have a 2010 Red metallic and ran into a guy whose '10 panel was painted and it had a bad glare. I would pass. I think the yellow and red panel posted above would glare badly.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Who or where do I need to contact about having the dash panel with the speaker grills painted to match my bike? Ive see a dew that have been custom matched and really thinking about having it done. If you could please reply by an e mail to my screen name since I rarely get on her with work schedule being so hectic.

Thank you
Try this site, outstanding quality
http://www.mywingbling.com/

·
Registered
229 Posts

Attachments

·
Misinformed Member
2,272 Posts
I got the idea from another member here but I used this on mine.........

and it came out like this............

I did it about three years ago and it is getting a little dull and I will probably redo it this winter. No glare at all by the way. I have everything in the dash area black on mine now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts